Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

161 - 166 of 166 Posts

·
Token Metro Guy
5,003 Posts
This *is* going to be fixed, one way or another. I wouldn't no-dice the 2.0T based on this issue alone.
I don't doubt that it will be fixed. But, we don't have any kind of ETA on the fix yet, and that scares me. Plus the more and more I've been thinking about it, I want the LSD, especially for the winter.

I really do prefer the 3.8, but I wanted to see if the 2.0T would have been an acceptable compromise, and as it stands for me, I don't think that it is.

·
Token Metro Guy
5,003 Posts
I meant from factory. While that thread is great news, I am purposefully buying a new car to get warranty, I'm not willing to void it, with an after market ECU tune.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I meant from factory. While that thread is great news, I am purposefully buying a new car to get warranty, I'm not willing to void it, with an after market ECU tune.
I see your point. I'm fairly certain that Hyundai will eventually resolve this issue. Probably not as well as an aftermarket tune but they should be able to reduce the rev hang phenomenon to acceptable levels. Hondas have it, Mitsubishis have it - so it's not anything new. All it takes is customer feedback and time. And it appears that Hyundai does listen. :hello:

·
Ballin in the back woods
1,217 Posts
yeah i found out last night that my friends 2008 evo x has some really bad rev hang, but only sometimes.

161 - 166 of 166 Posts