Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

181 - 200 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Oh well... Stuff happens... I will be there for the 12:30 spot ( will show up at noon). I guess we will take it from there and see what happens.

At least its not cancelled

·
Now with more psssht!
311 Posts
Geez I'm glad I glad I had a look at the thread before hitting the hay. I didn't have any PM's and needless to say I'm shocked. I paid in full tonight so I guess I'll show up and hope for the best. If I can't get it done I'm screwed. I guess we'll see how this goes.

·
Pshhhhh squared
1,046 Posts
Yeah, what the heck is going on????

Did they give you a reason why the original flight was cancelled? Did they reimburse you guys with anything?

·
Registered
134 Posts
****KKKKKKKKKKKK mny car is ready................they said i can pick it up arounbs 12ish
im just gonna show up to the meet and hope i can get this done even if im last at 9pm i dont care lol.....see u guys in a few hours.....i acctualy miss my car lol

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I sent you a PM back... I hope you guys get it. I need to be changed to Sunday unfortunately i have work and a wedding so anything after 1 is a no go.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #190 (Edited)
Thanks to Jay and Andrew for everything. I am glad that we made this work. Even with the delays ;)
It was nice meeting everyone and I hope obiwan managed to get his car reflashed.

It was awesome driving back after the reflash, you guys probably heard me zoom away on the ramp. :) :) The car feels so amazing now. Great job guys. I was a little hesitant after being burned by RRM with the NSPP. But, I truly believe that SFR stand behind their product and I am sure that customer service will be exceptional, as always.

Thanks Again

·
Now with more psssht!
311 Posts
Good morning all, it was a lot of fun meeting up yesterday and that Jay and Andrew were able to take care of everyone who showed up. Unfortunately as it stands they were unable to get my car to accept various tunes. It seems the computer is a bit different than others and they're going to work on it some more.

They arrived at my office at 10:20 and worked almost until midnight trying to get things to work. I hope they were able to get some rest and don't have too long of a day today. I'm back to the factory tune and the car is running fine. If we're unable to find a solution I'll be disappointed but that's life. How was the wedding Aamir?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Thanks again guys, it was nice meeting everyone. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face after the flash... Wow.

·
2.0T Canned SFR July 2010
352 Posts
Good morning all, it was a lot of fun meeting up yesterday and that Jay and Andrew were able to take care of everyone who showed up. Unfortunately as it stands they were unable to get my car to accept various tunes. It seems the computer is a bit different than others and they're going to work on it some more.

They arrived at my office at 10:20 and worked almost until midnight trying to get things to work. I hope they were able to get some rest and don't have too long of a day today. I'm back to the factory tune and the car is running fine. If we're unable to find a solution I'll be disappointed but that's life. How was the wedding Aamir?
why didnt your car work with the tune?

·
Gen Coupe 2.0/Manual
77 Posts
Good Morning Everyone! it was nice to meet all of you yesterday and Jay thanks for taking me in last Min it was well worth the wait and what a FUN Drive home, I love it! I was out till 2:30am driving around SFR WoW! I just got up and I can't wait to do some more driving today again today:D

·
Registered
613 Posts
nice meeting some new faces and pair them up with some usernames.
sfr's tune is interesting.. no more rev hang and power's a lot more gradual and present.

thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
as everyone said nice to meet all of u...ill admit i dont remeber anyones name lol im bad with names sorry guys...
def alittle different then ur typical honda meet thats forsure....guys here were alot more helpfull (ipod cable) and hating like most honda guys

reflash is really good im happy with it...power seems alot more liner than before.
it started raining when mine was done so i culdnt push it to hard...3rd gear sideways caught me off guard a few times lastnite...well how it goes today...

·
Now with more psssht!
311 Posts
why didnt your car work with the tune?
As far as I can tell the ECM is a little newer/different than those that they've seen. I believe that Jay was seeing data in the unit he wasn't used to. They tried everything they could think of. My car would start but wouldn't stay running. So for now I'm not a member of the SFR club.

·
2.0T Canned SFR July 2010
352 Posts
As far as I can tell the ECM is a little newer/different than those that they've seen. I believe that Jay was seeing data in the unit he wasn't used to. They tried everything they could think of. My car would start but wouldn't stay running. So for now I'm not a member of the SFR club.
that sucks

mine was the first one they reflashed on the canada tour and they too had an issue and my car didnt crank/turnover...they took about 1hr and got it running with the reflash. said it was a newer ECU as well.

when did you get yours (build date on side of your car when you open the door) and auto or m/t?

1,111 Posts
Hey CoupedeGenesis, I will post here a SFR review of the added boost, also including an addition that I threw on there with the help of lots of members...LOL....fail bov install hahahah.

The SFR reflash with the base tune pulls as it should but with the extra added boost for $75 from SFR. The beast pulls extremely hard after 3,000 RPM and it just keeps going and does not want to stop unless I make it stop. With the addition of the lovely System upgrade BOV I can hear it very loudly especially after going from 6 psi to 16 psi. I just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this tune. Jay and Andrew are great guys and did a good job, there were some kinks but they won't leave you hanging they WILL get you up and running. Great service guys, cheers =D

·
Now with more psssht!
311 Posts
that sucks

mine was the first one they reflashed on the canada tour and they too had an issue and my car didnt crank/turnover...they took about 1hr and got it running with the reflash. said it was a newer ECU as well.

when did you get yours (build date on side of your car when you open the door) and auto or m/t?
I've had my coupe fir two months now, the build date is December 10, 2009. It's an automatic which seems to add complexity. Another member who had the same configuration as me and whose build date was two days after mine apparently had an older ECU. Jay told me that build date is not always a clear cut indicator of what your unit will be.

181 - 200 of 209 Posts