Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.gencoupe.com/interior/30081-mounting-gauge.html

Some of you probably already seen this, I love the location this guy picked for the boost gauge. I already have the boost gauge but am a little iffy about installing it myself, especially since I need to drill a hole in the car. If you can help me out with this, I'll take you out to eat, buy us a couple of beers and or pay you (reasonably) LOL

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,
Lee

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts

I just did mine like an hour ago. Took me a long time to do. Mostly because I spent a full hour trying to figure out how, and where to mount the stupid pod. I spliced wires and finally got it to work. The most time spent is really focusing on the wires and where they go. If you don't mind a whole and you have all the necesery materials, I can knock this out in 3 hours. I had to drive back and forth to autozone.

If you're down and not going to flake ;-) I can do it for you.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
hey, can you two let me know when you kick this off? i would be very interested in helping and learning how to do it. i am an electrician for helicopters so i know a bit about wiring but its another thing to drill holes in your car lol...so i would be very interested in meeting up with ya'll, thank you.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
holy **** someone responded. lol

sorry about the late response, when i first posted i had like 90 views and no posts so took it as a lost cause.

Yeah tell me when your free and ill try to figure it out from there. Just started school so schedule is pretty crazy. Unless you don't mind coming to my work in norco after 3 before 8 on the weekdays.

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
holy **** someone responded. lol

sorry about the late response, when i first posted i had like 90 views and no posts so took it as a lost cause.

Yeah tell me when your free and ill try to figure it out from there. Just started school so schedule is pretty crazy. Unless you don't mind coming to my work in norco after 3 before 8 on the weekdays.
i'm in Corona, Norco is mins away. What part?

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
I have sunday off. Let me know if you're willing for this sunday.

1. Do you know where you want to mount it at?
2. Do you have a mount for it?
3. Get extra 16 gauge wire, the wire is short so you'll need more.
4. Are you ok with me splicing or do you want me to tap into the fuses?
-If you want me to Tap into the fuse, make sure you buy the taping fuse and the fuses for it. (Splicing is easier and cheap ;-P)
5. Do you want me to do this outside of your work? HAHAHA Make it look like a MExican is trying to hot wire your car.

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
Where do you live? If its not that far. I'll come.

Don't forget the food, beer, and cash. ;-)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll hit you up when I got time. Just got a the news letter with this years drill dates, so weekends are going to be hard to time. LOL

with that being said, how much were you thinking?

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
I'll hit you up when I got time. Just got a the news letter with this years drill dates, so weekends are going to be hard to time. LOL

with that being said, how much were you thinking?
just $35.

·
With teeth.
1,138 Posts
Dan, we can get this done over a weekend. I need a gauge on my car too.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thought you were going to wait for the power axel digital gauge?

but if your down I already got like tons of beer at your place anyways LOL

·
With teeth.
1,138 Posts
My friend is coming down and he's already installed it on his car so he can do yours too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts