Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I wanna go fast
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my cmd and one of the features that I loved about it was the ability to log injector duty cycle. I know that it is calculation based on the injector pulse width and engine rpm, but I haven't been able to find a pid for pulse width. I can imagine it would also be possible to do based on a calculation of actual injector flow vs Max injector flow. Anyone have this info or know where to get it. I am using the torque pro app for android.

·
What the what?
3,225 Posts
If it's not highlighted in green you can't monitor it.

·
I wanna go fast
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Injector pulse width would be an extended pid that isn't immediately available in the app. Injector duty cycle is a calculation based in ipw. It is available in some of the predefined lists but those lists are not for Hyundai so it would be a custom pid.

·
What the what?
3,225 Posts
Ohhh, I see what you're getting at. I have no dog in this fight.

·
I wanna go fast
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Digging my old thread back up. There is now a way to monitor injector duty cycle with Torque Pro. Hyundai Adv for Torque It is technically released for a different engine but the only sensor that matters (injector Pulse Width) works for our engine. I had to remove all the rest of the unnecessary senors in the list leaving injector 1-4 pulse width because I was getting errors in my obd adapter. The download is expensive $5 though but the only other way I have seen to monitor this cost around $200

·
I wanna go fast
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been working with the developer since he released this app. It seems to be working pretty well now. He is added support for the Genesis engine for injector pulse width and Duty Cycle in the latest update. Duty Cycle seems accurate to me since I have almost full bolt ons and a tune and about 98% duty cycle at redline. That number is consistant with the last log I did with CMD.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Do you data log it or just watch the gauges? I can't seem to figure out how to get it to data log enough points to be useful.

·
Clutch Burner
766 Posts
Digging my old thread back up. There is now a way to monitor injector duty cycle with Torque Pro. Hyundai Adv for Torque It is technically released for a different engine but the only sensor that matters (injector Pulse Width) works for our engine. I had to remove all the rest of the unnecessary senors in the list leaving injector 1-4 pulse width because I was getting errors in my obd adapter. The download is expensive $5 though but the only other way I have seen to monitor this cost around $200
I know this thread is over a year old but it's worth a shot... How'd you get the injector duty cycle to work? I've got the plugin installed and only "LERR" shows up for me, I've tried tons of things but get no other result.

·
Clutch Burner
766 Posts
Alright, after a little more research I've found a formula to just calculate the Injector Duty Cycle based off the RPM and Injector Pulse Width:

Here you go:
IDC=(RPM*IPW)/1200

You can put in a custom PID in Torque that'll auto calculate this value on the fly as well. I think it'll be this: ([-20ab]*[0c])/1200
Will verify it later on.

I've also emailed the developer of the HDAV app to see if he can't help figure out why it's not working for me. Maybe it's a 2013 thing? But then again, I know of at least one person who had it working on their 2013...oh well...

·
Clutch Burner
766 Posts
Alright, after a little more research I've found a formula to just calculate the Injector Duty Cycle based off the RPM and Injector Pulse Width:

Here you go:
IDC=(RPM*IPW)/1200

You can put in a custom PID in Torque that'll auto calculate this value on the fly as well. I think it'll be this: ([-20ab]*[0c])/1200
Will verify it later on.

I've also emailed the developer of the HDAV app to see if he can't help figure out why it's not working for me. Maybe it's a 2013 thing? But then again, I know of at least one person who had it working on their 2013...oh well...
I just went out to double check my formula and it appears to be working good so far. Have to select C on 2013+ to get the Pulse Width to show correctly. Also I wouldn't use this as a sure fire way to try and increase boost to the max for those of us that have upgraded turbos, never know if something isn't exactly right...

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,414 Posts
I would like to add that the ELM adapter you choose is very important. I finally order a high quality one and the speed is 10xs faster that the other clones. And the injector duty cycle has shown back up.

I got one of these. OBDLink MX Bluetooth Scan Tool from scantool.net

Motorola sucks too with the Bluetooth. With my S3 I can get the pulse width, duty cycle and oil temp, with the Motorola I cannot.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Haha, I just got an OBDLink LX Bluetooth myself.

SO much better than that cheap ELM327 mini. Well worth the price. I actually like OBDLinks app as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
hi! i know this is an old thread but i would like to know how u got the injectors duty cicle to work, i can choose the injectors duty cycle option when adding a gauge and it is green lighted but the meter does not move.
any help would be appreciated .I am currently using elm327 adapter , but i have ordered the obdlink lx.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,414 Posts
I can no long see the duty cycle. This disappeared with the one of the updates to the Advantage plug in or Torque. I can still see pulse width. These are fixed values from tables and not adaptive it appears.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts