Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about switching from my iPhone to a Moto Atrix and would like to know if it's possible to connect via USB to listen to music like I do now. I have a 2010 2.0 base so no streaming for me :(

·
Premium Member
16,004 Posts
don't know how android does its music filing.
if its anything like the non smart phones, then it would just see it as a thumb drive.

Picking up my new phone this afternoon. I'll post results.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
don't know how android does its music filing.
if its anything like the non smart phones, then it would just see it as a thumb drive.

Picking up my new phone this afternoon. I'll post results.
Sweet. What are you getting?

It's only seen as and acts like a thumb drive. :(
That's fine with me, as long as it will play. I plugged my friends captivate in using the USB cable and it said "error reading data" so I'm skeptical.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I plugged my friends captivate in using the USB cable and it said "error reading data" so I'm skeptical.
Worst case scenario, you can buy yourself a male to male headphone cord from radio shack and plug it into the aux input. You would then have to control your music through your phone, but you can at least listen to it that way.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Worst case scenario, you can buy yourself a male to male headphone cord from radio shack and plug it into the aux input. You would then have to control your music through your phone, but you can at least listen to it that way.
You're right, but that would increase battery drain. I'd rather just grab a USB stick and put it all on there and use it. That way, I'd still have steering controls and whatnot.

·
Its a Hyundai
275 Posts
yes i have a htc evo and using a usb cord the phone syncs into the radio and i control the phone threw my steering wheel and radio it works perfect

·
Its a Hyundai
275 Posts
just make sure when you connect your phone and the menu pops up on your phone that you choose "disk drive" and it will work fine

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just make sure when you connect your phone and the menu pops up on your phone that you choose "disk drive" and it will work fine
Thanks Pat. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the manufacturer of the phones eg. Samsung vs HTC vs Motorola...

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Samsung's Captivate is garbage. I'm sure the other three Galaxy S phones are just as crappy. A family member had so many issues with it, had it replaced THREE times for various problems. On top of that, it's a pain in the ass to hook it up to anything. Spent hours troubleshooting how to connect it to a PC to share files.

·
395 Posts
I just got the Atrix and its awesome. I don't have my car yet (its still with PTuning until I can get back in March to get it) but I'll let you know if you don't have it by then.

·
Its a Hyundai
275 Posts
Thanks Pat. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the manufacturer of the phones eg. Samsung vs HTC vs Motorola...
no problem and could be. so far i know that the htc evo (mine) and my friends Samsung epic has both worked on the gen as long as you set the phone to "disk drive" and not charge only,htc sync, or usb tethering when you connect the phone.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I have an HTC Hero which uses android and i get the msg "error reading data" when i plug it into usb (it will charge though). AUX works fine for music.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have an HTC Hero which uses android and i get the msg "error reading data" when i plug it into usb (it will charge though). AUX works fine for music.
Hmmm. There isn't much difference, relatively speaking, between the Evo and Hero, so you may want to take above advice and double check settings and make sure you are not yelling the phone to sync or tether via the USB connection.

·
Its a Hyundai
275 Posts
exactly. if i didnt select the option "disk drive" then i would get the same message. i dont think there is much of a difference between the evo and hero like mshale said

·
Registered
360 Posts
I use my My Touch 3G to listen to music saved on the phone's SD card, as well as Pandora Radio, through the AUX jack in my Coupe. Of course, the song information does not show up on the display like it does with the iPod, but the music plays just fine so I could care less.

FYI, you may want to hold out on getting the Moto Altrix. From what I have seen and read, it doesn't do as much as a dual core phone with HD graphics capability should. There will be MUCH better Android phones on the market by late May or early June (check CNET news on the 2011 MWC), including several other models dual core processors. of course, if you just need a new phone, and don't care about all of the techie nerdy stuff like I do, then have at it. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I use my My Touch 3G to listen to music saved on the phone's SD card, as well as Pandora Radio, through the AUX jack in my Coupe. Of course, the song information does not show up on the display like it does with the iPod, but the music plays just fine so I could care less.

FYI, you may want to hold out on getting the Moto Altrix. From what I have seen and read, it doesn't do as much as a dual core phone with HD graphics capability should. There will be MUCH better Android phones on the market by late May or early June (check CNET news on the 2011 MWC), including several other models dual core processors. of course, if you just need a new phone, and don't care about all of the techie nerdy stuff like I do, then have at it. Just my $0.02
I'm hoping that someone will find a workaround for the locked bootloader so that we can get some custom ROMs for the device. I'm patiently waiting though :) I'm in no way in NEED of a new phone (iPhone 4 here) but i'm a bit tired of the iOS and all of it's quirks.

Plus, the Atrix has the same form factor as my iphone which means that my little side holster will still work and all that jazz.

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,109 Posts
I have an EVO and I just use the bluetooth to play music. Pandora and android player work fine, but, as stated earlier, you must control tracks from the phone interface. I've never tried changing the sync method from the phone, i'll have to look into it. Can you change folders with the steering wheel? If not, then what's the point? Track selection is fine, but if you still have to change albums/folders via the touchpad then I'll stick with bluetooth.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Im use my droid and it works fine. Control thorugh the steering wheel and music info displays on screen. I also have a male to male connector that glizbane reffered to just incase i dont have my usb cord.

It just like hooking it up to a compter. You have to "turn on" the usb and give permission to share files. If you dont turn it on you will get the error.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts