Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Round 3
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my cel scanned and its from the o2 housing/sensor.

Now im really confused and a little concerned that Im throwing a cel because I shouldn't have one.

Its really weird that the housings been on there for about a month now and its just now throwing a code? All the sensors seem to be very tight and I can't spot any leaks. I wouldn't think the cat is clogged or anything like that. Which leads me to the actual sensor being bad?

Not sure what I should do about this. Anyone with similar experiences?

·
Registered
151 Posts
double check your o2 sensor plugs,make sure they are plug'd in good,also i got the p2o96 code when i first installed it,but with ceramic cats untill they get up to operating temp a couple times they do not work good for some reason,but after they get hot a few times the codes should go away.wish i would have got thunderbolt cats ,i have had the best luck with them and just welded it in place of thier cat,may do that later on if code ever comes back.also every cat is not made equal and sometimes there is not enough of the metals in the cat or the holes are a little bigger than normal and the ecu just see's no cat at all.

·
The SFGenKid
782 Posts
got it. no problems here

·
Round 3
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im really thinking the cat may be bad. Their is no realistic reason I should have the cel. Everything is tight wont tighten anymore. idk what to do. I will say I wont put up with this cel much longer though. Thinking I should contact ur about this

·
The SFGenKid
782 Posts
you made sure that the o2 sensor is plugged in right?

·
Round 3
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea.. everything is install correctly. its been installed for over a month now and just randomly the light comes on after 30 days and over 1,000 miles being on the car...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts