Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if the Gen Coupes have the existing or pre-wiring harnesses on the lower models for the higher end options found on the higher end models?

For instance, meaning, if a GC does not have the foglamps, are the wiring harnesses included in the build, but just tucked away (or hidden) within the car?

I know some manufacturers will have say 1 main body or engine harness with the "option" harnesses already in place - but the option harnesses are merely taped, wrapped or tucked away if that model was not built w/ such optional features as the higher end models.

Does anyone know?

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
That's a big NO. Hyundai wiring harness' are set up for that particular model & do not have the connections to add on OEM equipment usually, so purchase the model with the accessories you want in the first place or be willing to go aftermarket.

·
future 14 2.0t rspec
1,374 Posts
i was thinking the same thing...i'm hopeful though that i can plug and play a cruise control switch in an rspec

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
That's a big NO. Hyundai wiring harness' are set up for that particular model & do not have the connections to add on OEM equipment usually, so purchase the model with the accessories you want in the first place or be willing to go aftermarket.
+1

i was thinking the same thing...i'm hopeful though that i can plug and play a cruise control switch in an rspec
nope, you can't. Wiring doesn't exist and I'd assume it's quite a bit to wire it in. Plus you'd need to plug the car in and turn it on in the ECU.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Asked my service manager about the turn signals in the mirrors if they are pre wired. His answer was no and as tufast said there is no pre existing wiring so you can install it yourself.

·
Registered
535 Posts
didn't somebody try to wire in OEM HID's before and find out that the harnesses were completely different between base and premium? anyways, answer is no.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts