Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
GenSport KY
868 Posts
Anything with the name "mayrun" would scare the crap out of me, its like a warning to the customers "these may explode"

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
They are actually very good tires. I've heard nothing but good things about them both from tire dealers (who would be happy to sell a more expesive set) and from normal users. I got a set of Mayrun MR500's installed (235/35/19 front and 255/35/19 rear) for $400 including mount and balance which is just about as good a deal as you can get on tires. Grip seems solid, road noise well controlled and ride is no worse than the Bridgestone OEM's. Most importantly for me, while the OEM rears would break loose under lower gear full throttle acceleration and trigger my traction control, these tires do not. The traction advantage is definitely there.

·
Registered
121 Posts
To add this here, i'm running Mayrun MR500 235/35/19 front and 275/30/19 on the back, i went in a Touge night and gotta say grip is as goods as it gets. Down here weather is humid and it rains every other day and tires seems to handle pretty good under this conditions. Nice bang for buck

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Glad to see others having good experiences. I'm sold on these tires and we'll buy another set when the time comes.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
You can get then for a bit less. I was out the door for about 400 mounted and saw then online for under 100 in my size.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Oh yeah, makes sense.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts