Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forum,

Today I put in OEM fogs on my BK1, and I ended up going through the bottom of the car because I couldn't get the bumper off. It seems like contrary to all the videos I've watched, my bumper is heavily glued into place. Isn't it supposed to pull off via clips with firm pulls in the correct areas?

The previous owner of my Gen ruined the front bumper with 6 license plate holes, and there are many cracks along the lip so it wouldn't surprise me if they had to do a quick fix like this.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,481 Posts
The corners have a piece that fits in and locks on the ends. But if you don't take it out right you end up rippng that piece off and then there is nothing to hold it. They may very well have glued it on.

The right way is take out the 8mm hex head screw that is just in front of the wheel. Then insert a long screwdiriver horizontally along the top and pry it out a bit. Once it pops out then you can pull it all the way out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, sounds like they broke the clips. Thanks!
The corners have a piece that fits in and locks on the ends. But if you don't take it out right you end up rippng that piece off and then there is nothing to hold it. They may very well have glued it on.

The right way is take out the 8mm hex head screw that is just in front of the wheel. Then insert a long screwdiriver horizontally along the top and pry it out a bit. Once it pops out then you can pull it all the way out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts