Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
USAFCASE45
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys, just wanted to put up a review for people that want to know a little more about the ARK DT-S turbo back exhaust. So first thing is first, when i decided i wanted ARK's DT-S exhaust i of course started looking for the best price since the damn thing is like upwards of $2000 so i started looking around and wound up buying it from jay at gctuner.com if yall dont know jay, get to know him he has really good prices and great customer service, i cant say the same about ARK. ARK by far has some of the best exhausts made for our car (which btw i have a 2010 2.0 track) they have quality products and a very good look and performance gains along with a good sound. But i have to let yall know if you are looking for a price that cant be beat on ARK's products... DO NOT CALL DIRECTLY TO ARK. Not trying to talk down about them but they are stengy with thier money which will be apparent later on. So any way back to the story, i called jay and purchased the whole exhaust along with a competition clutch stage 3 on 1/24/2013. I got a sales receipt and a email saying thanks for the business that day and an email with a tracking number the very next day for both of them it took about 3 days for both of them, i also had paid for rushed shipping. I was VERY pleased when i got it, i felt like a little kid all over again. i took the exhaust out and started to test fit the pieces on my floor and got it all put together and noticed there was no 02 housing. So i called jay and said hey man it is a turbo back system right and he said yeah that is what they are advertising it as and i told him mine didnt come with an 02 housing and he said really?!? i will call them and find out what is up. well to make a long story short they told him the advertisment he and i both saw for the TURBOBACK was 02 housing optional. now i dont know about yall but to me turbo back means turbo manifold to the tips and all the pieces and connections you will need. So i got a little angry but said what ever and ended up buying CNT Racings 02 housing and began work on my car the moment i got it (which took 1 full business day THAT IS IT) ALSO paid for rush shipping on that cause i was trying to get all this stuff put on by 2/6/13 (aka today) and just for info for everyone out there i bought the stud kit from beyond redline cause the studs in the turbo are really fragile, but i could only get two out and left the other one in and just used it, the 02 sensors are a bitch to get out and i ended up screwing up one of the 02 sensors and having to get another which was $200, so by this point of the whole process not only am i a little angry with myself but at ARK. We finished putting the 02 housing on the car on 2/2/13 at like 8 oclock in the snow so i was just ready to get the job done. Easy enough right? WRONG i put the down pipe onto th02 housing and keep in mind me and my friend are putting the exhaust together off of sheer google pictures and 3rd grade puzzle skills so i end up connecting the mid pipe to the down pipe and the realize the hangers didnt line up so i started holding all the pieces up under the car where they would go and we were about a foot short, so needless to say at this point i am kinda curious of wtf is going on i start looking and i found the instalation guide for the exhuast on arks website and noticed they had a piece i didnt, did a little more resarch and found out it was the test pipe. so i looked thru the box and everything to make sure i didnt just over look it and NOPE i hadnt and this was all on saturday so i had to wait until monday to talk to anyone. instead of calling someone at ark and cussing someone out cause i was so mad i called and talked to jay and told him that they had forgot a test pipe he was as shocked as i was pissed off at ARK, he called them and told them and they said they would "LOOK INTO IT, TO MAKE SURE IT WAS NOT SHIPPED OUT" i mean i can see why they would do that so i didnt get to upset, jay told me if i wanted to talk to them call and ask for the rep he had been dealing with so i did and the guy he told me to talk to interegated me for almost and hour and i told him why i needed the pipe in a hurry and i told him i was not happy and that they should pay for overnight shipping on it since i had already paid rush shipping on THE WHOLE DTS SYSTEM he said he would talk to his manager about it and get back to me no matter what he said. WELL when i called back later monday when i had got home they told me the guy i had talked to was gone for the day, so i asked if there was anyone else i could speak to about it and he said the other guy was at lunch to send an email to kevin so i did and i got a email back with a tracking number and saying thanks for the business and i would have my product in 3-5 business days............I WAS LIVID:mad:i called and tried to figure out a way to get the pipe here quicker than 3-5 business days and all they could tell me is that it had already shipped out and they were sorry and later yesterday i got a call from the guy that jay had refered me to saying the reason was is he didnt get a chance to talk to his manager before they sent it out. Now for the reason i had to get these parts by wednesday is that i had a clutch and flywheel install and dyno day which was suppose to be tommorrow and i already had to reschedule the dyno day once cause the system didnt come with the 02 housing like i thought, so when this came up i was not happy. BASE LINE OF THIS STORY.

Ark has quality parts
gctuner has the best price for pretty much everything especially ark parts
ARK's customer service blows
ark is stengy with thier money and will make excuses to cover their as$

now for the products review

comp clutch- i will never buy anthing other than comp clutch it is way better than the dual mass flywheel pos and oem clutch and is actually almost the same price i paid 800.00 for the clutch and flywheel and i regret not doing it to the car the moment my car started making to much tourqe for the dmf to handle there is a little knocking noise but i know it is suppose to be there and with the volume of the ark dts exhaust system you cant hear it :D which makes me extemly happy.

ARK DT-S "02 housing back" with techno tips with CNT racing 02 housing-
As much as i despise ARK'S customer service i have to say i am only right now running the the downpipe with 02 housing with downpipe and i love it i cant wait to get the full exhaust put on but im still waiting on that test pipe. As soon as i get all the pieces of it and get it all put on i will take some pictures and videos for everyone but all i can say is as of right now im glad i spent the extra money and got thier best it is worth it the tourqe as of right now is stupid i can deff feel it and i love everything about it and with the light weight flywheel it is a whole different car it is alot more fun and gave me the feeling of DRIVING again

if anyone has any questions or anything just let me know

·
Ex-DSMer
3,612 Posts
I totally understand your frustration, despite that being very difficult to read, however this text is in the product description on Ark's site:

Items Included:
Axle-back Muffler, Mid-pipe, Bolts, Gaskets, Hardware, Installation Guide

You'll note the absence of the two items that were "missing". ;)

·
USAFCASE45
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also doesnt say anything about a down pipe but if you look at their downpipes all of them come with a test pipe so it would only make since if they sent me a down pipe with everything else besides the test pipe, not only is that stupid but would again prove they are just trying to get you to spend more money when they are advertising it as a turboback when it is not

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
Dude you need to learn about paragraphs.

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
Dude you need to learn about paragraphs.
amen

:lowdown:

yes this ark dts exhaust system is super expensive with all the pipes your looking at spending $2500. You have the cat back exhaust for $2000 hence I'm selling mine for $800, why so low? Because I'm annoyed at how heavy it is and its in the way of doing LSD oil changes. Anyways. It doesn't come with the down pipe more the o2 pipe. Sorry for your problems. But this discussion with ark has been covered by the Krak3n and Quartermaster. Next time search before buying.

·
USAFCASE45
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well mine actually came with the down pipe and the mid pipe, y pipe, and axel back the only thing they didnt put in there is the test pipe and 02 housing. i called ark and it was suppose to come with the test pipe but was not suppose to come with 02, but they shouldnt advertise it as a turboback if they are not a legit turbo back. and my bad on the paragraphs i slept thru highschool haha

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
The ARK DT-S exhaust system comes with the 3" down pipe, test pipe, and cat-back portion with the 3" O2 housing being an option. This is why it is offered as a turbo-back exhaust system. If you look at the DT-S exhaust on our website, the O2 housing is an option that you have to select.

I do apologize for the confusion with the O2 housing and the test pipe though. I'm not sure what happened with the test pipe, but I know it could have been sent out a little quicker than that. I hope everything is going smoothly now and please let me know if you need anything else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts