Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I spoke to ARK on the phone, they told me that if I replace the secondary cat on my 2013 with their test pipe, my car will throw a CEL. Is this true or did they maybe think I have a previous year model? Really just wanting to know that if it does throw a CEL, is there a way to turn the code off so that the CEL does NOT stay on? I love the sound of the Grip exhaust with DP/TP. A little help or opinion would be much appreciated! I know Jewish Thunder will see this, please if you have any input feel free to let me know your thoughts.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
769 Posts
EDIT:...sorry, I just noiced this was a 2.0T. I can't confirm as I own a 3.8. Please disregard my earlier post if you received it by email.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
If it is the same setup as previous years deleting the second cat with a dp will not cause a cel since there is no sensor as if you replace the O2 housing you will most likely get some sort of cel for the sensor

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is 2 cats in the 2013s idk if there were in the earlier models. The downpipe does not replace the secondary cat, the downpipe attaches to the primary car in the turbo manifold. The Test pipe replaces the secondary cat and the test pipe(as far as I know) does not contain an O2 sesor. That's why I believe what they told me was correct that it would throw a CEL. I just wanted to confirm on here if anyone has the ARK turbo back system on a 2013 2.0T. Hopefully someone can help me.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
previous years have 2 cats
it goes

turbo<> O2 housing(primary cat)<> downpipe(secondary cat)<>midpipe<> and so on.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Chet. Anyone on here have the 2013 GenCoupe 2.0t and have a full ARK turbo back exhaust? I know someone has to have it. if so...Does the CEL trip from replacing the secondary Cat with the Test Pipe???

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
You should not have a CEL if you remove the secondary cat, only if you remove the primary cat. There is no sensor on the secondary cat. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Most down pipes do not remove the secondary cat, that is what the test pipe is for.

However, the down pipe is different on the 2013 compared to the 2010-12 and we are still working on a new design for the 13 2.0Ts.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You should not have a CEL if you remove the secondary cat, only if you remove the primary cat. There is no sensor on the secondary cat. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Most down pipes do not remove the secondary cat, that is what the test pipe is for.

However, the down pipe is different on the 2013 compared to the 2010-12 and we are still working on a new design for the 13 2.0Ts.
Thanks Mike. I'm really hoping you guys come out with the 2013 DP/TP soon! I was considering filing down the bolt holes to make the 10-12 model fit but Id rather have one that is more form fitting for the 13. Urging you to give the word for a speedy production here haha!! Ill be first on the list to order it when it's fabricated so keep me in mind and update us! If you don't mind, maybe ill start a thread for it to generate some interest for us 2013 people. :gc-Popcorn_Smiley_b

1 - 10 of 10 Posts