Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ark h pipe. 5 months old. Gave me rasp with solo exhaust. Sounded great with stock exhaust.
19" track rims
Stock air box
Stock exhaust catback.
All best offer.
Cleaning out the garage.

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went with resonators. H pipe sounded good with stock exhaust. Changed to Solo and had some rasp down low around 3-4 k Rpm's. Only under regular throttle, floor it and no rasp at all.
I have OBX resonators now and it's a perfect deep tone. No rasp.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Went with resonators. H pipe sounded good with stock exhaust. Changed to Solo and had some rasp down low around 3-4 k Rpm's. Only under regular throttle, floor it and no rasp at all.
I have OBX resonators now and it's a perfect deep tone. No rasp.
How’s the fitment and quality of the OBX resonators? I’ve seen a lot of negative reviews about the company in general, but with this just being a set of resonators, I imagine there’s less of a risk of something being wrong with them than a more complicated exhaust component like headers for example.

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fit was perfect and if factory made. The reviews you are reading are from old post. They has some growing pains in the beginning. These were nice stainless steel with thick flanges.
Sounds so much deeper tone now. Hard acceleration still sounds about the same loudness. Cruising it's a few tones lower. When it was on the Dyno Tuesday the entire shop walked over to see the car. They all comented that the car sounded incredible. Mind you they work exclusively on Nissan built cars, 370z, 350z, Infinity, Skylines etc...
They were taking videos themselves for the sound.

Reactions: SynysterCoupe

·
Registered
146 Posts
Fit was perfect and if factory made. The reviews you are reading are from old post. They has some growing pains in the beginning. These were nice stainless steel with thick flanges.
Sounds so much deeper tone now. Hard acceleration still sounds about the same loudness. Cruising it's a few tones lower. When it was on the Dyno Tuesday the entire shop walked over to see the car. They all comented that the car sounded incredible. Mind you they work exclusively on Nissan built cars, 370z, 350z, Infinity, Skylines etc...
They were taking videos themselves for the sound.
Do you get pops and crackles or burbles on deceleration or downshifts?

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't get tuned for it but still got em. I don't like the loud shotgun sounding tunes pops. This was more suttle and sounded closer to the new veloster.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey Snyper - I know this is an old post - but I just seen it - I’m wanting H pipes and 19” track wheels - just wondering if you’re still holding all that stuff still ?!?

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
H pipe i gave to my nephew. He has a 2012 track. The rims i still have. U live in MD? I'll give u a good deal

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not sure shipping on 4 large boxes big enough to hold the rims. They are all in boxes though.

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, i found stock rims powdered coated black. Since i was going to send my rims out to do this I figured why do that when I can just get the other ones. I was going to use the stock colored rims for winter, then i was like, i don't drive this car in the winter. So in the plastic bags and boxes the black rims came in. If u like you can DM me your number or email. Whatever you are comfortable with and i can send tons of pics. The rims are in 4 small boxes, then 2 of those inside two larger boxes. So shipped would be two boxes with 2 rims in each. Whatever shipping is will be exact. I can check FedEx, UPS, whatever is cheapest or whatever you prefer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts