Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the Ark h pipe about a week and a half ago. There is a difference in acceleration.
I would say of all the things I have done this has to rank up there at number one or two performance feeling wise.
I did get rasp, in fact rasp city.
But....it's going away on its own. Not sure why.
A very weird thing I noticed is the TROS performance makes the rasp way worse. I set it at FA-2. When I turn it off completely the rasp is gone. I wanted to check this out so I didn't tell my girlfriend anything. With it on she said she heard the rasp bad. I turned the TROS off and she didnt hear it, just like I didn't.
So far I did Injen intake adapted to BK2, Solo exhaust, and SFR canned tune. Out of all of these the test pipes made the biggest difference.
Any thoughts why the TROS makes the rasp way worse?
Anyone else notice this too?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add the rasp is only between 3-4k rpms with lite acceleration. Floor it and no rasp as all. Also incorrectly stated TROS off I get no rasp. It's actually reduced quite a bit but still present.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so a few weeks gone by, the rasp when cold is annoying. When the car warms up the rasp is less than when first put on. Someone told me the soot built up helps with the rasp some. I am wrapping this with DEI tape soon.
If I had to rank what I did bolt on wise with what I felt performance wise....

1. H-pipe
2. CAI (bk1 Injen adapted to BK2)
3. SFR canned
4. Solo exhaust

I'm sure all these together had worked with each other and if I had installed in a different order i probably would have felt results in a different order.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ok so a few weeks gone by, the rasp when cold is annoying. When the car warms up the rasp is less than when first put on. Someone told me the soot built up helps with the rasp some. I am wrapping this with DEI tape soon.
If I had to rank what I did bolt on wise with what I felt performance wise....

1. H-pipe
2. CAI (bk1 Injen adapted to BK2)
3. SFR canned
4. Solo exhaust

I'm sure all these together had worked with each other and if I had installed in a different order i probably would have felt results in a different order.
What are you wrapping with DEI tape? The downpipes (midpipes)? I've heard heatwrapping the downpipes gets rid of most of the rasp, but definitely let us know. Rasp is the main reason why I haven't bought test pipes for my 3.8 track. Resonated test pipes are another good option to eliminate rasp, but would require custom fabrication.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked into resonators. In fact that was my first choice. Found the Ark h pipe at a decent price.
I'm wrapping the h pipe and down pipes.
If that doesn't do it, well even if it does, i may still get the 2" cross over between downpipes that titan did to his. That car sounds incredible.
My rasp is getting slightly better doesn't have it down low in the rpms, or up hight either.
Around 3-4k it's annoying though.
I'll do a video this weekend of the sound inside and outside the car. It's a deep rumble. Take away the rasp and it's a perfect sound.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That'd be crazy if you did the crossover between the downpipes, then you'd end up with 3 H-pipes. The one from the Solo catback, the Ark H-pipe, and the downpipes one. Never heard of anyone doing that before, but wrapping the downpipes and H-pipe should be enough to get rid of the rasp, honestly.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vettes exhaust by i think corsa? Have more than one h pipe. One exhaust has 2 x and h pipe. The dual x pipe from corsa and an h pipe crossover secondary cat delete.
Seen on the dodge demon 2 h pipes and x pipe.
The dual h pipes were up near the engine and the x pipe was about halfwayish down the line. That's where i kinda got the idea.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgot to add, Mercedes Benz has exhaust that has an h pipe and 2 x pipes from the factory. The h pipe near the downpipes and the dual x pipes down the line a bit. I did read why they did this but may not explain it correctly. Basically low rpm pressure vs high rpm pressure and how it's effected by the h and x pipes. If you look around you see some dual x exhausts and some dual h pipe exhaust...and some mixed, but you are correct in i haven't seen 3 h pipes.
It's cold here in MD so I'm gonna have to wait to wrap everything for a few days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts