Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
EJMotorsports
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got home from work at 830am today and since it was nice as hell out sunny and 36 (been snowing alot the past few weeks) so i installed my ark cf hood!

still needs some minor tweeks. and im trying to figure out if i want to paint the sides of the hood silver or not.

and before people start talking about lowering the car im already looking into getting an eibach pro kit for the rspec stuff under the car now.

car is going back to the body shop for a chip in the clear coat on the pass door so ill have them tweek the hood and get it lined up perfect. and ill see what they say about painting the sides.

also for anyone who installed one of these. did you have an issue installing the part that holds the hood prob to the hood? for some reason i cant get it to thread into the hood. threads look good just cant get it to go.

·
Banned
3,068 Posts
You cant use your stock prop. :wtc: How is your weave up by the top vents?

EDIT: Also you will have to basically take it off after a big rain, and before it freezes. Water gets trapped in the top section...FTMFL!

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts

·
Breast Examiner
1,784 Posts
Looks Good

so i installed my ark cf hood!
still needs some minor tweeks. and im trying to figure out if i want to paint the sides of the hood silver or not.
:D
I installed the same hood. No problem with the prop ball threads.
Look close for a thread bent inside. Oil and work back and forth.
Throw the prop in the trunk for when you need it > will push up the hood.
I would not paint the sides, it looks lower and more more agressive as is.
Painting the sides will negate that agressive look. IMO
I left the hood mounted bumpers off and adjusted the height
L&R with the engine bay bumpers.
It looks shifted to the driver's side. Loosen the 4 hinge screws and have a friend
push it to the pass side while you tighten the screws.
I had to get hinge screws one size longer cause they were kinda short.
http://www.gencoupe.com/media/42574-forgestar-ark-vis-centric-d-s-amb.html
:hello:

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
You should not be using the stock prop on ANY carbon fiber hood, regardless of who the manufacturer is. The OEM prop (aka air shock) is made for a metal hood that weighs about 60-lbs. When you use the same thing on a CF hood that weighs 20-lbs, it will put a huge amount of stress on the latch and cause the clearcoat directly over it to crack over time. Just because you can use the stock prop doesn't mean you should. It is highly recommended to get an aftermarket locking prop rod or even an extendable one.

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
Emo - what made you get this design versus the new design?

·
-------------------------
1,795 Posts
You should not be using the stock prop on ANY carbon fiber hood, regardless of who the manufacturer is. The OEM prop (aka air shock) is made for a metal hood that weighs about 60-lbs. When you use the same thing on a CF hood that weighs 20-lbs, it will put a huge amount of stress on the latch and cause the clearcoat directly over it to crack over time. Just because you can use the stock prop doesn't mean you should. It is highly recommended to get an aftermarket locking prop rod or even an extendable one.
Thanks for the info Mike, I was unaware of this. Will you please recommend and point me in the direction of a good aftermarket locking prop rod for the GC? Thank you :)

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts

·
EJMotorsports
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry dont have any under hood shots of it. i just dropped the car back off at the body shop today to take care of a few small issues with it.

i went with that hood because i liked the look of it. new design is good also but i liked that one a little more.

here are a few pics that i took today before i dropped it off. since it was nice i installed my aem intake my lamin-x fog covers. and m&s grille.

·
War Eagle!
705 Posts
very nice! I really like the cf contrast with the silver color

·
Retired Staff
2,303 Posts
PLEASE don't take this the wrong way...

But I hate it.

ONLY... and ONLY because that front vent reminds me of an SRT4.

BUT...

I love the contrast of carbon fiber and silver.

·
Breast Examiner
1,784 Posts
And many others

It is also on the STi, Shelby GT350, 09 ZR1, and 08 Viper SRT10
It reminds me of the '11 z06 Vette

:bowdown:

:woah:

:p:D:hello:

·
Former GenesisCoupe Owner
856 Posts
I want that hood so bad man! I would love to have that on my Genesis Coupe! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts