Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ARK Performance | Formula Drift 2014 Season 2 | Genesis Coupe "AR7"

I think it's time to start a new thread for Formula Drift 2014 to clear up some of the clutter from the old thread...
Thanks to all that have been following ARK on the forum! This season is going to be a good one, and I'll be sure to document every part of this season in this thread.
Lots of big updates coming very soon... :)

Highlights from 2013 season:

Vehicle:
-Hyundai Genesis Coupe V6 "BK1"

Driver:
-Dennis Mertzanis

Races:
-Long Beach - Top 32
-Seattle - Top 16 / Power steering pump broke against Gittin
-Texas - Great practice / Differential mount broke...

Part of the Build/Sponsors:
-BC 4.0 Stoker Kit
-Custom Garrett Single Turbo Kit
-Parts Shop MAX Full Multi-link Suspension Setup
-Kenda Tires
-Konig Wheels
-Koruworks Logistics
-ARK S-FX Wide Body Kit

Livery:

Be sure to check out our 2nd Formula Drift Genesis Coupe "AR1" being piloted by Dennis Mertzanis:
http://www.gencoupe.com/professiona...ld-1000-hp-genesis-coupe-ar1.html#post2355913

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Build Photos

Pulling the old motor out...

Getting ready to drop in the stronger 4.0 V6 along with the new custom turbo kit and Garrett turbo!

Only the best for our Genesis Coupe V6 :)

Here's the sleeves going in at Golden Eagle Manufacturing!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Sleeves nice!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Not many sleeved gens out there.

Bisimoto
RMR
Ark
Newmedia
And myself??

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not many sleeved gens out there.

Bisimoto
RMR
Ark
Newmedia
And myself??
Yeah not many.. but we know it's needed for our goals with the car. What are your goals for your Genesis Coupe?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Reliability. Its a touring/show car...although 550-615whp would be nice....I just don't know if I want to deal with the headaches...did you guys ever do anything to your trans? WPC treat the gears and such?

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Reliability. Its a touring/show car...although 550-615whp would be nice....I just don't know if I want to deal with the headaches...did you guys ever do anything to your trans? WPC treat the gears and such?
Oh alright well that's a very good reason.. we are also trying to make the Genesis Coupe as reliable as possible.
As of right now the plan is to get a new trans put in. We used the OEM trans last season without any issues, but this season we will be making more power/tq

·
Registered
711 Posts
Sweet, will you let us know how the OE trans from last season looked, wear wise?

·
Function Over Form
1,222 Posts
Are you guys going to run both cars in fd with Patrick Mordaunt piloting a car?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Awesome!!! Cant wait to follow this years build.. I'll be doing media for 2014 FD so ill be sure to say whats up!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are you guys going to run both cars in fd with Patrick Mordaunt piloting a car?
We haven't released any info for this season yet sorry.

Awesome!!! Cant wait to follow this years build.. I'll be doing media for 2014 FD so ill be sure to say whats up!!!!!
Oh nice that's pretty cool, you have to get some good pictures of the Genesis Coupe :) lol. Be sure to stop by our pit area! I'll be at a few of the races, but we will have guys from ARK at every event.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts