Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, im looking to see if anyone has come across a problem with the Ark straight test pipes for the 3.8 GDI. I just got mine installed over the weekend and while im driving it it sounds as if two pieces of metal are vibrating on eachother after i put them on. Nothing is making contact with the heat shields or anything, the "rasp" is honestly hideous and embarrassing. Ive looked all over these forums and cant seem to find a solution. If anyone has some tips for fixing this it would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
525 Posts
The solution is either live with the rasp, reinstall your secondaries, or call Greg Lister at Vibrant Performance and he’ll explain the benefits of custom resonators.

This is what I ended up with:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The solution is either live with the rasp, reinstall your secondaries, or call Greg Lister at Vibrant Performance and he’ll explain the benefits of custom resonators.

Okay, i did order some resonated test pipes ( i like to experiment with alot of things) to see if maybe those could possibly help. If not ill use your info for the future. Thank you!

·
Registered
62 Posts

Did they make these for you at Vibrant? I"m currently looking for some resonated test pipes and I don't want to get the ones off ebay.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I had these custom made by a race shop in FL using Vibrant parts.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Damn I was hoping they could fab one up for me. I have the same exhaust as you and was wondering do you have any sound clips with the custom test pipes on it? I can't stand the rasp I have with the test pipes I have on right now other than that I love the magnaflow.

EDIT - Which parts did you order for the test pipes?

·
Registered
525 Posts
No sound clips. The sound was entirely the same, minus the rasp, with a very slight reduction in volume. For me, it was perfect.

Resonators x2 - PN 1792
Flanges x4 - PN 1472S

I paid $170 to have them crafted from the parts above. Not cheap, but the workmanship was excellent. I gave them a secondary converter as a baseline so all the measurements were spot on.

Reactions: yahjoogooleh

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yooo I appreciate it looks like I'll be going that route then and I still have my old secondaries. This is going to be a pretty expensive replacement for my test pipes but it'll be worth it if it gets rid of the rasp. Thanks again man for your help.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
450 Posts
I have Solo cat back exhaust, and HAD the ark test pipe. Under 2500 rpm car sounded badass. Over 4800 Rpm's or so, even better. But the Rpm's in between?
Horrible rasp. Nasty sound. I hated driving the car. I bought OBX resonators specific for the genesis coupe.
It did quite it down BUT made it also deeper tone while normal throttle. Floor it? The exhaust gets a beautiful deep loud tone that sounds amazing.
Cruising at highway speeds, that car has a deep growl but not loud inside the car.
It's close to midnight here now, but If you like i can make a few videos Sunday - at idle, regular take off, aggressive take off, and just cruising at speed like 60mph windows up and down.
Let me know..

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have Solo cat back exhaust, and HAD the ark test pipe. Under 2500 rpm car sounded badass. Over 4800 Rpm's or so, even better. But the Rpm's in between?
Horrible rasp. Nasty sound. I hated driving the car. I bought OBX resonators specific for the genesis coupe.
It did quite it down BUT made it also deeper tone while normal throttle. Floor it? The exhaust gets a beautiful deep loud tone that sounds amazing.
Cruising at highway speeds, that car has a deep growl but not loud inside the car.
It's close to midnight here now, but If you like i can make a few videos Sunday - at idle, regular take off, aggressive take off, and just cruising at speed like 60mph windows up and down.
Let me know..
Following..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts