Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well, a few things.
Either myself of my gf deleted the video. It's a new camera (osmo action 4k) and we are not use to it.
Also, since this thread is about the arc-h pipe sound and the video i will reshoot is OBX, i will make a separate thread with that sound clip, with a link in this thread.
Camera is recharging. Here's the cam i am using. Very nice and not exspensive.
Thanks again, man! Really looking forward to hearing those sound clips! The idle sounded so good, I’m curious what it’ll sound like while driving.

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
478 Posts
Unedited and fresh from the upload.

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
478 Posts
Seems the ending was cut off.
So here's is the last few mins. Thanks YouTube.

Reactions: SynysterCoupe

·
Registered
526 Posts
That’s what my car sounded like with a Magnaflow and straight pipes. The rasp was only under load. The resonators dropped the volume just a tad, but eliminated the rasp entirely. Magnaflow has an x-pipe -> resonator -> muffler, whereas the Solo has two inline resonators. I think that’s the difference.

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
478 Posts
Solo also has an H pipe. I actually had two h pipes when i has the ark h pipe on it. The resonators give a deep sound and the straight pipes more of a higher pitch.
I has 3"magna flow cat back on my srt-4. They came mufflerless from the factory.
Putting one on gave me more torque and took a tiny few hp.
I forget the dyno difference. But it was something like 20 more tq and 5 or 7 less hp.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Solo also has an H pipe. I actually had two h pipes when i has the ark h pipe on it. The resonators give a deep sound and the straight pipes more of a higher pitch.
I has 3"magna flow cat back on my srt-4. They came mufflerless from the factory.
Putting one on gave me more torque and took a tiny few hp.
I forget the dyno difference. But it was something like 20 more tq and 5 or 7 less hp.
Thanks for the sound clips, they turned out great!

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
478 Posts
Your welcome. If Cecil county dragway opens again I'll have some run videos. I didn't have anyone to film from the stands and I didn't have the camera equipment i have now. Only thing I have from that night are the time slips.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts