Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

3221 - 3240 of 3248 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
I see two coolant lines on the throttle body for the 2012 BK1 3.8. Is the top line the coolant inlet and the bottom line the outlet? I'm looking at doing the easy TB coolant bypass.
I don't know in which direction the coolant flows, but just connect the two hard lines that run to the throttle body and cap off the two on the throttle body.

·
3point8 Performance
2,614 Posts
I see two coolant lines on the throttle body for the 2012 BK1 3.8. Is the top line the coolant inlet and the bottom line the outlet? I'm looking at doing the easy TB coolant bypass.
yes, one is in and one is out, it's just a simple loop. It doesn't effect anything else, nothing special going on in there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does anyone know what kind of bolts are used on the plastic splash shield/undercover? I have a 2012 3.8L. The bolt has a concave type washer and some other piece between the washer and bolt (not sure what these parts are called).

It seems that 4 of the 8 that hold it up were lost by the dealership over the last several oil changes. I didn't notice until I had to remove it to change my oil.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Alright so all the threads I’ve seen on this topic are dead. I’m trying to do a front end conversion to turn my bk1 bumper into the newer bk2 style I was looking for someone who wants to do a swap to the bk1 to potentially trade parts.I know there is someone out there who wants to swap help me find them ❤.

·
3point8 Performance
2,614 Posts
For BK1 2.0T, are there 2 versions of the intake manifold, an MT and an AT version or was there a revision to the aluminum intake manifold? Seeing 2 different part numbers is why I ask.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I have a Bluetooth question and tried searching here to no avail. I have a 2013 Gen Coupe Gran Touring. I just switched to T-Mobile and bought a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and noticed my caller ID no longer works. I have tried everything I can think of. Previously, I have used Sprint and Verizon, and have had a Galaxy S3, S5, and S7. All have worked flawlessly. Now that I'm on T-Mobile, my caller ID simply will not work. To make matters worse, it's not even that my car displays "unknown caller" or "407-555-4731," it shows it as "+01-40-755-54731," so it looks foreign.

Has anyone else experienced this? When I go to the Hyundai Bluetooth compatibility website, the newest Galaxy they list for my car is the S7, and it shows caller ID is incompatible with 2013 Gen Coupes on T-Mobile. I can't find an answer on the S9+. Please note I can still make and receive calls and streaming media is working fine.

If I can't get this solved, I have to return my phone and go back to Sprint or Verizon because I need to know who's calling me when I'm on the road for work. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Doing a basic oem clutch job. Clutch/pp is aligned and bolted, but I can't seem to get my transmission to mount back up. Messed with for 5 hours this morning making no progress... is there something I'm missing? A trick to it maybe? I can get the drive line inside the center of the clutch but none of the bolts will thread because the bell housing isn't close enough to the engine block.
2015 Genesis Coupe 3.8L MT

·
Registered
192 Posts
I filmed this short vid when starting to clean the TB. I believed the TB would open the plate fully since the pedal was pressed WOT but the plate only opens a little. Anything wrong here?

Video in link: https://upload.cat/f681f300dc40c858

·
Registered
192 Posts
Please delete duplicate post.

·
3point8 Performance
2,614 Posts
I filmed this short vid when starting to clean the TB. I believed the TB would open the plate fully since the pedal was pressed WOT but the plate only opens a little. Anything wrong here?

Video in link: https://upload.cat/f681f300dc40c858
It won't, it's drive by wire, not cable driven. If you want to clean it, just turn the car off, open the blade by hand.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I wound up pulling off the TB leaving it plugged in and cleaned it then cleaned inside the intake with a brake cleaner sprayed rag as far as I could get my hand into it just past my wrist. Surprised me the intake wasn't anywhere near as dirty as I was expecting considering it has 90k miles and was never cleaned previously.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hey guys don't know where to post but I am back on here as I just got a genesis after not owning one for 5 years. I for the life of me cant remember my old password and my old accounts email used was deactivated a year ago. I would love to continue with my old account. anyone have any suggestions on how to get it going again?

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
3,077 Posts
Hey guys don't know where to post but I am back on here as I just got a genesis after not owning one for 5 years. I for the life of me cant remember my old password and my old accounts email used was deactivated a year ago. I would love to continue with my old account. anyone have any suggestions on how to get it going again?
Post here: https://www.gencoupe.com/gencoupe-com-site-issues-support-help/

And tag @admin in the post, they can probably help you via PM.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My Track coupe had a previous owner and the alignment had -2.2 camber in front & -1.8 camber in rear. Is that the factory's setting for the track suspension or was that from the previous owner instead?

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
3,077 Posts
My Track coupe had a previous owner and the alignment had -2.2 camber in front & -1.8 camber in rear. Is that the factory's setting for the track suspension or was that from the previous owner instead?
No, factory spec changed slightly over the years but basically it is -0.5 front and -1.5 rear, both +/- 0.5 degrees. Generally for better handling you want more than 0.5 in the front, and 1.5 is about the most you'd want in the rear for better traction.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm almost at 100k miles/5yrs on original spark plugs so is it time for new ones or can I go longer without issue?

3221 - 3240 of 3248 Posts