Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

3241 - 3254 of 3254 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
That's for the 2.0 isn't it? I have the 3.8 and I researched old threads here saying gap is supposed to be .38 -.41 on ngk 9723 plugs. Thanks for all your help btw. Much appreciated.

·
BOOSTORDIE
18 Posts
This may be a dumb question but as usual, I can't find anything explicitly addressing my question so I apologize in advance and appreciate any advice anyone can give. I just recently got a throttle body spacer and a single phenolic gasket, my question is if the phenolic gasket acts like an actual gasket, and if so, the phenolic gasket will be between the spacer and the manifold, so will I need a traditional gasket between the spacer and throttle body? Or do I need to put a traditional gasket between the phenolic gasket and manifold as well as the spacer and throttle body?

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,383 Posts
This may be a dumb question but as usual, I can't find anything explicitly addressing my question so I apologize in advance and appreciate any advice anyone can give. I just recently got a throttle body spacer and a single phenolic gasket, my question is if the phenolic gasket acts like an actual gasket, and if so, the phenolic gasket will be between the spacer and the manifold, so will I need a traditional gasket between the spacer and throttle body? Or do I need to put a traditional gasket between the phenolic gasket and manifold as well as the spacer and throttle body?
On the intake you can reuse you OE gaskets on one side and get another one for the other side of the spacer. Same with TB spacer.

·
BOOSTORDIE
18 Posts
So with me having just one phenolic gasket I need one between the phenolic gasket and the manifold and another one on the front side of the TB spacer between the spacer and the TB itself correct?

·
Registered
3 Posts
recently bought a 2010 gene off a friend. within a month, the whole clutch and flywheel had to be replaced. it had a spec lightweight so ordered same thing to replace the worn out one. my friend who had the car for a good 2 yrs says the disk needs to be installed flywheel side out. when i replaced everything the correct way and bled the line 5th and 6th gear wouldnt go in. should i try to bleed it some more or is my friend correct about how the disk needs to be flipped? anyone ever had something like this happen to them as well?

·
Registered
28 Posts
This may be addressed somewhere but every thread I’ve found runs dry before someone finds a resolution. I noticed when it got dark last night that both my low beams stopped working. Fogs and high beams are fine. I’m going to grab bulbs in a couple hours but ones in there are less than a year old. Had to get my car jumped the other day and get a new battery so I’m thinking it might be the relay but I’ve read it’s a solid state relay and I haven’t been able to find a part number or instructions on how to see if it’s bad..hoping it’s not the headlight switch in the stalk but I’d love some help troubleshooting the relay first if anyone has a part number or advise?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello
Owner of a 2013 bk2 3.8 r spec here
I want to install a pioneer sound system and I've all the kits I need to keep steering wheel controls, get it to fit and so on and so on.
My only issue is that I've the outside temperature and climate control show on the original top screen.
Is it possible to install the oem head unit in the trunk with just these screen information and having the stereo and other inputs in my new head unit? Any idea on how to do that or the possibility.
Also, are there any kits to make the temp and ac inputs work in an after market unit?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
39 Posts
You rarely want to max out your tire pressure to the maximum rated pressure the tire can hold. Max tire pressure is based on the footprint the tire vs the weight of the car. Tirerack suggests that the ideal pressure for your tire (regardless of size) is the manufacturer's recommended pressure.

If you want to figure it out for yourself, you can check a tire load inflation table. You can find one here: http://www.tiresafety.com/images/Tire Replacement Manual.pdf

Determining the correct tire pressure is in fact a bit more complicated than that because you can use tire pressure to adjust grip to balance the car with regard to grip to correct understeer and oversteer conditions as well as road surface conditions. With all that said, the manufacturer's recommended tire pressure was determined to be the best overall setting with regard to grip, wear, mileage under most driving conditions.
I know this is way old, but the best way anybody should figure this out is to open the driver's door and look at the sticker there. It will tell you your tire size from the factory AND the tire pressure you need to run.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,383 Posts
It depends on the tire. What's on the door is only for the tires that came with it generally. If you put on some tires that have a much higher max pressure rating, more than likely you will want a higher pressure than what the door sticker says. Your turn in feel and the wind blowing you around are two symptoms of too low of pressure a on higher rated pressure tire.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Agreed, but if you notice I wrote from the factory. I'm not sure changing to another low profile would be much different than the max 44 psi the stock tires max out at are there?
I never really checked. Obviously if you change the set up to something really crazy the Max may change, but do you think the recommendation wouldn't hold true anymore?
Eighteen and nineteen are factory sized correct? I dont know what pre 2013 sizes were.

Still good point to check if you change to something crazy diff. Happy New year!

3241 - 3254 of 3254 Posts