Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, guys, I had a taste of AutoX this past weekend in my wife's smart at a smart convention in Orlando. And I am now hooked for sure. My question is what is the difference in the amateur associations, and is one better than the others for a complete newbie like me?

·
her name is Miranda ;)
1,191 Posts
I'm a newbie too, but I've gone to 2 different events. Each was hosted by a different association. I don't know which clubs are close to you, but here's my own experience:

It seems like SCCA is the most popular. They put on a nice event, and they're clearly a serious club because they had like an hour of speeches/lecturing at the start of the event. lol

I realize safety is important, but they talked about a lot of other organizational stuff too.

The 2nd event I went to was organized by Autocrossers Incorporated. Their event was well done too. I think I prefer the way the SCCA event was organized (how the cars were lined up, where you park, etc), but the Autox Inc guys charge less money and host special events where you get 8 runs instead of just 4. I plan on attending events from both organizations.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
NASA & SCCA are two of the largest racin associations, but I hear on avg the people with NASA are nicer.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys. More info to digest is almost always a good thing.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I personally am part of NASA and I would suggest it to anyone! The people are nice and soooo helpful! Well worth it!

·
her name is Miranda ;)
1,191 Posts
What class do you compete in?^

·
Registered
9 Posts
In FL I only know of SCCA CFR running the AutoX as I'm getting back into it sometime this year up in Brooksville. Been on a 2yr Hiatus and miss it way too much... NASA mostly runs Track Days out in FL at the Various Road Courses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts