Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since something happened to the last post i'll keep this one short. This is my initial review of the ATQ Diff kit on my bk2 turbo 3.8.

bottom line up front is the kit works great. I have had numerous problems with the Exceladyne poly mounts as well as solid bushings in the past. With this kit, the differential mounts are no longer the weakest point. When I took my car to the drag strip the driveshaft spit out its guts and the DSS upgraded axlebar crumbled inside the hub, but the mount still held up.

the install was a little bit of work but there will be a DIY video from ATQ here shortly that should help with the install. I also can't comment on the length of time for the install because it took forever to get the solid diff. bushing out. Performance wise there is no wheel hop on the street and only had very little at the drag strip (need to dial in my suspension more I think). The car also wants to push more straight, i'm assuming because of the 4th mount. I can't speak of the NVH of this kit vs stock because it has been years since I have been stock, but there is definitely less vs the solid mount. The main reason I have been playing with the rear end of my car so much is because the stock Hyundai rubber is garbage.

I will post pics later and will not respond to any drama or personal feuds.

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,099 Posts
Yeah, man. My exceladyne bushings deformed immediately. And the fourth mount piece was simply cut by the unflanged subframe at that location. Seems like zero testing was done. And solid mounts were bolt shear and diff cover crack central.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts