Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I havent noticed this. Ill have.to check. Utahs hot and dry and I usually am in a garage but ill check. That water problem sucks.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nevermind, leaked again in the same spot! I'm regretting giving Hyundai a try, car looks nice but it's a pain in the a** with issues like this that dealerships are incompetent at fixing. Cars at Thornhill Hyundai now, they sprayed a bit of water and didn't see any leaks
And were willing to give it back to me without further diagnosis! I took pictures to show the water leaking in, told them to fix the problem, we'll see but I'm not too hopeful at this point. Its becoming very frustrating dealing with a car that has a shitty transmission, warped dashboard and water leaking in!

I just had the same issue fixed on my 2010 coupe, though mind you it wasn't as bad. I found a few drops of water on my front passenger floor mat after it rained here for a couple of days. Dealer at Pineview Hyundai in Woodbridge found the problem to be a clogged drain tube for the sunroof and fixed the problem by cleaning it out. They couldn't explain why it happened in the first place, but the warranty invoice showed there was a tsb out for the problem, go figure out why Hyundai hasn't had a recall considering the problem appears to be widespread! I'm going to check the driver rear window now that it was mentioned here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Nevermind, leaked again in the same spot! I'm regretting giving Hyundai a try, car looks nice but it's a pain in the a** with issues like this that dealerships are incompetent at fixing. Cars at Thornhill Hyundai now, they sprayed a bit of water and didn't see any leaks
And were willing to give it back to me without further diagnosis! I took pictures to show the water leaking in, told them to fix the problem, we'll see but I'm not too hopeful at this point. Its becoming very frustrating dealing with a car that has a shitty transmission, warped dashboard and water leaking in!
I know exactly how you feel, i had to go to the dealer many times to tell them theres a problem. their way of "finding the problem" is just pouring water on the car to see if it actually leaks, but they don't understand the whole time factor. The dealer fixed my problem by basically placing a lining where the water would leak through so the water doesn't clog.

hopefully your problem gets fixed asap!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know exactly how you feel, i had to go to the dealer many times to tell them theres a problem. their way of "finding the problem" is just pouring water on the car to see if it actually leaks, but they don't understand the whole time factor. The dealer fixed my problem by basically placing a lining where the water would leak through so the water doesn't clog.

hopefully your problem gets fixed asap!
Where was the leak breaching?

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,467 Posts
One reason I don't like sunroofs. In my last car about every other year I would locate the 4 drain hoses and blow compressed air up through them to keep the hoses cleared out.

·
Victoria Genesis Owner
24 Posts
I have a 2010 and have neever had this problem, I havent had any problems what so ever with mine, but one of my friends got his like 8 months after me, and he has had to get his transmission replaced 3 or 4 times now, where as my trans is in mint condition, so it could have to do with when yours was made, more demand, equals making them faster, which inturn could have ment some things over looked.

·
G-Member
817 Posts
Just had this happen to me today on my 2010. This is the first major issue I've had with it. It's been very good to me. I bought my GC back in Mar. 2009. Gonna make an appt. with the dealer for them to fix.

The pix that you posted are I *clap* Dentical to mine :p

The roof lining is soaked on the rear passenger's side as well as the seat. I wonder if they're gonna replace the seat and the lining. They should since it will probably get mildew. Hopefully, they don't give me a hard time with this.

·
Most Interesting Man
649 Posts
Just had this happen to me today on my 2010. This is the first major issue I've had with it. It's been very good to me. I bought my GC back in Mar. 2009. Gonna make an appt. with the dealer for them to fix.

The pix that you posted are I *clap* Dentical to mine :p

The roof lining is soaked on the rear passenger's side as well as the seat. I wonder if they're gonna replace the seat and the lining. They should since it will probably get mildew. Hopefully, they don't give me a hard time with this.
Shieett.... now you are scaring me. I bought mine in March 2009 also. I feel your pain and hope that it does not happen to my GC.

·
Gumby
31 Posts
Im having the exact same problem, car is going to the dealership next week. They had mentioned the problem is probably one of the previously mentioned drain tubes.

Will update once I have an answer

Car is 2010 btw

·
Gumby
31 Posts
Heres the invoice write up I got:

A customer reports water leaking into the rear seat area, right side.
Headliner is wet, booked with leak repairman.

Cause: C38
Sublet leakpro, re+re interior panels and drop headliner, dewater the vehicle and reseal sunroof runoffs/pan

Hopefully this takes care of the issue

-Ian

·
:B
856 Posts
^ where'd you go?

·
Registered
5 Posts
So glad that I found this. Thankfully, I've only seen a leak on the passenger side of my 2010, but I hope the info in this thread will be able to help my dealer fix it.

IanH, do you know if the "Cause:C38" is a code specific to your dealer or to all of Hyundai (Canada?). If anyone has any more info that I can give the dealer to be even more specific, I'd love to have the info.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Today, 3/16/2012, I went to test drive a new 5.0 R-Spec. As I was waiting for the my driver's license to be copied, I noticed that the windshield and all the door windows had foggy, whitish, gray condensation all along the bottom of the windows and up about 3", that looked like mold. I then checked out the other Genesis' that were lined up on either sides of the one I was going to test drive. (5 more). Every single one of them had the same exact thing, all on the same side of each car, the side the sun was shinning on. I then checked all of the other Hyundai's that were nearby, none genesis, not one of them was displaying the problem. I mentioned it to the sales person, she said she had no idea what it was but obviously something with this car windows that could be remedied. When I told her to take a look at the other Genesis with the same problem, and then the other Hyundai's with nothing, she was mystified. When I got into the car I could run my finger through water drops on the inside top of the window, but not the areas at the bottom where the fog was somehow within the window. Very strange. When the test drive was over, most of the foggy condensation within the window was almost gone, and now appeared like a double pained window that has a broken seal.
As much as I thought this was the car I was going to buy, I changed my mind because of this weird problem with the Genesis' windows

·
Registered
2 Posts
Heres the invoice write up I got:

A customer reports water leaking into the rear seat area, right side.
Headliner is wet, booked with leak repairman.

Cause: C38
Sublet leakpro, re+re interior panels and drop headliner, dewater the vehicle and reseal sunroof runoffs/pan

Hopefully this takes care of the issue

-Ian
I have Genesis Coupe 3.8 T (2010). This car has the same issue. Dealer has tried to fix this twice but it is not resolved.

·
Gumby
31 Posts
Which dealership are you going to? Next time you're there get them to call Jim Pattison North Van and ask who they use. They dropped my headliner, dried everything and so far so good.

One thing I did notice the other day when I was washing the car was that the roof flexes quite a bit around the antenna... which could potentially be another point of entry for water.

·
Registered
310 Posts
wakie wakie old thread.
So we had biblical rain over the weekend in FL. I go out to the car and see the passenger side headliner all wet. It was roughly from in front of the pillar to where the headliner meets the plastic from the rear windshield. Naturally I thought I had a plugged sunroof drain, so I pulled the headliner down a bit to get to the drain. Disconnected it. Put a small hose into in and ran water through the small hose. Water immediately drained out of the drain under the trunk. So it is not clogged. I saw a drop of water on the sunroof track. So it has to be the sunroof itself right? I rarely open it.

Calling the dealership now. I will repost when I get it fixed.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts