Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
It is the sunroof seal I had the same thing happen in Jan cooksville Hyundai (Ontario) fixed it....and now my sunroof doesn't close properly and is leaking again I going to north shore Van dealership .. I will keep you updated

·
Registered
1 Posts
roof leak

I have the same leak on my passenger side, near the back window and stains on my head liner. The dealer thinks that it's from the rear back window glass. What was your out come?

·
Registered
310 Posts
They had my car all day and could not make it leak. So they say. I have not had it happen again since that one time. My leak was from above, not from the window. I could see it dripping from the sunroof track. My thoughts are either there was pollen built up where the sunroof meets the roof or the strip around the sunroof is dryrotting and cracking to let water pass. Regardless, they didnt do anything to fix it and told me there was only a 12 month warranty on the sunroof.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've gotten my car back and it was the drainage holes that were plugged .They put this rubber shield in to stop the water from leaking into the car try and I'll post pics tomorrow

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy folks! Long time lurker.

I've owned 2 Gencoupes prior to the one I have now.

I had a 2010 2.0, No Sunroof, a 2011 3.8, with Sunroof, and a '13 2.0(P).

I had this problem with the 2011. Same symptoms. Wet headliner, water dripping down on the speakers, epic amounts of condensation on the rear and front windows, and the feeling of sitting on a wet seat. I then found up to half an inch of standing water in the rear passenger footwell, especially after a large deluge.

I thought the first time was a fluke, as the windows weren't closed all the way, and I had a significant amount of water coming down from a neigbor's roof on to my car. So, I dried it all out with a dehumidifier and heaters. It happened again, so I took the car into Victoria Hyundai. They thought it was the sunroof, so they resealed it, and tightened down the headliner (under warranty). It happened again a week later, so back to the dealership I went.

They took it for a leak check, and narrowed the water ingress down to the shark fin antenna on the roof. They tore it off, resealed it, and the car was completely bone dry after that.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I pulled my rear interior and all the trunk carpets for no particular reason last weekend. Fast forward to this evening. I grab a case of beer after work, pop the trunk, and it's soaked with water. I drove home and investigated in my driveway. Turns out the drivers side tail light has a small amount of water in the housing itself but it's full of water on the backside (the part inside the trunk). So I look at it and see exactly where the water is coming in. I'll go snap some photos. Brb

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yup. There is dirt right where it's entering. Makes sense but still a pretty poor design. After I clean it all up ill take care of it. Pics are on route, uploading onto my PC now. If anything this is a good quarterly checkup point because if not for removing all the trunk lining id have never noticed

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,408 Posts
Put some black tape over the seam between the body and the black plastic trim over the top of the tailight. That will force the water to go over the lens instead of behind it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
That actually isn't too bad^^^

A couple months ago we had a lot of heavy rain storms in a short period of time, I didn't notice anything until I went to drive a couple friends home and noticed the back seats floor was SOAKED! (it literally felt like someone poured 10L of water on the floor on my back seats)

I also popped the trunk liner later that night to find about 3 inches of water that had been overflowing into the rear seats (which was causing everything to get soaked!)

I couldn't get to it until the next day, where I took a shopvac to it all and pulled out over 8L of water...

I brought it to the dealership and they also traced it to the drivers side taillight, they resealed in and it's been dry ever since.

The only thing that I can't seem to get rid of is the white mold that has decided to infest my trunk...:barf::barf: I use a cleaner and scrub it out and dry it every time, but it always comes back

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The rear side window (driver side), has an issue where the window is not mounted properly to the frame. This causes a gap between the rubber window surrounding, and the body. Water can get in, and because there IS a speaker in the corner, can cause electricial issues.

There is a TSB for this. I had mine replaced at the dealer. Took them about a day, and they said the window bracket was in fact broken and a common issue. This was for a 2010.
Do you have the TSB number for this? My car recently started leaking, and being winter in New England it's really a problem. My dealer can't find the correct TSB, and I looked on the hyunda tech website, I couldn't find it either.

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
If you have water in the taillights you will have water in the trunk and it will end up on the rear floor. Warranty the taillights, this fixes it for most

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
668 Posts
Sorry to revive an older thread, but I too am having a problem with water leaking in above the passengers side rear window. Looks exactly like the OPs pics. Just noticed it last night, so I'm gonna stop by the dealer on the way home. I already have an appointment setup for next Saturday to have them replace one taillight but I'm not going to wait that long to show the SA.

Kinda pissed too. My Jetta I traded in for this car had a leak issue that was never fixed and I was hoping to not have issues like this with this car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The water leakage on nonsunroof editions is caused mainly by the shark fin antenna(seen almost every gen i know have this problem) and as previously stated with sunroof seals being clogged.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Little update.

Got the car back after bringing it in last Saturday, they said the drains weren't clogged at all. Ok, whatever.

Monday comes around, it rained all night and when I went to leave for work, it was leaking, again.

Brought it right to them on the way to work, showed my SA. He gave me a loaner and sent me on my way. He called me this morning to let me know Hyundai authorized them to re-apply the roof seam sealer as apparently it wasn't applied correctly or there wasn't enough and they're replacing my headliner since the leak stained it.

Should have the car back Monday or Tuesday.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have my 2011 gen since September 2015, had the major water leak in trunk, and back seats took to the dealer , they said tail lights needed to be sealed , so that was done and complete ,, no more water in the trunk ,, yeayyyyy

Now water on the passenger side under the glove box -- dealer says its the AC vent and needs to be blown clean .... how can I do this ,, and where are the locations of the hose's to clean out ,, under the car ????????????????????????????

61 - 80 of 86 Posts