Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,470 Posts
I have my 2011 gen since September 2015, had the major water leak in trunk, and back seats took to the dealer , they said tail lights needed to be sealed , so that was done and complete ,, no more water in the trunk ,, yeayyyyy

Now water on the passenger side under the glove box -- dealer says its the AC vent and needs to be blown clean .... how can I do this ,, and where are the locations of the hose's to clean out ,, under the car ????????????????????????????
AC drain is the hose going to nowhere pointing down next to the tranny on the passenger side.

·
Registered
29 Posts
my car has the same problem, i have probably taken it about 4 time to hyundai no, they replaced the seals and cleaned the sunroof draining system but its still leaking inside like yours, im not sure if they replaced the sunroof seal, did they tell you what was wrong so that maybe mine has the same issue,

·
Registered
591 Posts
shark fin antennae may need retightening

·
Need more power !
760 Posts
That actually isn't too bad^^^

A couple months ago we had a lot of heavy rain storms in a short period of time, I didn't notice anything until I went to drive a couple friends home and noticed the back seats floor was SOAKED! (it literally felt like someone poured 10L of water on the floor on my back seats)

I also popped the trunk liner later that night to find about 3 inches of water that had been overflowing into the rear seats (which was causing everything to get soaked!)

I couldn't get to it until the next day, where I took a shopvac to it all and pulled out over 8L of water...

I brought it to the dealership and they also traced it to the drivers side taillight, they resealed in and it's been dry ever since.

The only thing that I can't seem to get rid of is the white mold that has decided to infest my trunk...:barf::barf: I use a cleaner and scrub it out and dry it every time, but it always comes back

This is the exact issue I am having. I've owned the car for 2 years and for the first time this past weekend I noticed an insane amount of water behind the drivers seat in the foot-well, passenger side also had some , but not as bad. I looked in the trunk and there was a bunch of water in it, so I a pulled the plugs. I guess the water was overflowing into the back seats and it was an enormous amount. I will try to seal up the tails for now until I can get to the dealer.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts