Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I found this track 2.0t for sale used with 10k miles.
Went to the dealer looked at it. Looks pretty clean, seats have some pretty good sizes scratches on the sides... odd for a low mile car? Fake leather?
Anyways i checked the carfax and it seems like it's been thru two auctions.
What are your thoughts on this? I'm a little weary about buying auction cars.
Although this is certified...

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=50654641&listingRecNum=1&criteria=sf1Dir%3DDESC%26alMdId%3D30263%26mkId%3D20064%26stkTyp%3DU%26mdId%3D30263%26rd%3D100%26crSrtFlds%3DstkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId%26zc%3D60448%26rn%3D0%26PMmt%3D1-1-0%26stkTypId%3D28881%26sf2Dir%3DASC%26sf1Nm%3Dprice%26sf2Nm%3Dmiles%26alMkId%3D20064%26rpp%3D50%26feedSegId%3D28705&aff=national

You can clicky "CARFAX 1-Owner Vehicle View Free Report" on the page to check the report.

Thank you,

Dainius K.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Many used cars go through auction, it's how a lot of dealerships move their trades, stale inventory, cars that don't sell well for them etc. If the dealer trades the car in right and can turn it over wholesale and make a buck rather than retailing it they're going to do so.

This car in particular I see it has had two owners in less than 2 years and 10k miles. Seeing it was first sold in March of 09 means it was a fairly early build and maybe it's got some problems being one of the earlier ones off the line. Personally I would be more concerned with the number of owners in than the fact that it's an auction car.

·
DJAC Vice President
1,472 Posts
You could buy a brand new 2.0T Track or Rspec for anywhere between $23k and $27k depending on where you go. You could get a base model 2.0T for cheaper. Don't waste your money on this. It's not worth the risk.

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
WOAH
Way overpriced, why would ANYONE even consider this?
Miss Adema was quoting MSRP numbers, I bought my base model for 20k out the door, the second month they were available in this country, go to cars.com and check out other sales, you could easily get a brand new track for almost the same price as this lemon.

·
Registered
285 Posts
don't buy it. I worked a dealer down to 18k for a 2010 2.0T base model in oct 2010 (I bought a 3.8 instead after the test drive). This car is overpriced and the situation is just fishy. WHO WOULD GET RID OF THEIR GC with <10,000 miles.....?????! that's like dumping a hot chick after just a week, or soemthing like that.

·
DJAC Vice President
1,472 Posts
I don't really know what the prices are for 2011 models. I'm sure 2010 models are a few grand less since they are leftovers. I just figured the 2011's were the same as when 2010's came out, lol. So hey, even more reason to avoid it!

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
don't buy it. I worked a dealer down to 18k for a 2010 2.0T base model in oct 2010 (I bought a 3.8 instead after the test drive). This car is overpriced and the situation is just fishy. WHO WOULD GET RID OF THEIR GC with <10,000 miles.....?????! that's like dumping a hot chick after just a week, or soemthing like that.
Maybe she was only hot in the dark after a few beers? :hsugh:

·
Yes it's rear wheel drive
335 Posts
I got my 3.8 R-Spec for 24K, That just seems very high.

·
Registered
114 Posts
It looks like the one for sale is a Track model...that is probably why it is priced a little higher.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you guys for the input.
I know i can work the dealer down to 21k otd if I try.
Just that the whole auction deal gets in the way.
And it could of been a dealer car until 9k, idk there are just too many ifs.
But in the end I just have a bad feeling about this car.
My best bet is 2011 2.0 base, very first quote i got was 23k OTD. Meh?
Going to visit more dealers within the next week to get more prices.
Thank you again guys.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Well when i got my 2.0track i quickly learned that there wern't many of them ordered to the northeast.No other dealership in the tristate area had a 2.0 track. I paid 26.5 with tax for mine so that price really isnt that bad. The leather around the seats is cheap mine has 14k on it and already looks like 45k. If its certified then you have little to worry about it mechanically(well atleast in NJ)

But IMO I would never buy a base model if I could have a track. No offense to anyone but for 3k differnece you get the seats the sunroof the suspension the brakes HID lights Fog lights, 19's. 6speed, and some other things.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I picked up my 2010 380 Track (6speed) for 21k just as a point of reference.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I picked up my 2010 380 Track (6speed) for 21k just as a point of reference.
^The chances of that happening for many is very very rare

OP.

22k for track with 10k miles is not a bad deal.

the car has lost ~18% of its value from MSRP already, You have to look at it in percentage form to see how much of a deal you are getting.

Please dont let others force you into thinking that you can pick up a Track at 18-20k within 2 yrs of them being out, They aren't losing 25-30% of their value that quickly.

·
Honda Hunter
123 Posts
a fact that you should bring to the dealer if you are going to buy this, these cars are selling horrible, and dealers for the most part won't pay crap for a trade in, especially on the 2.0T's. max they most likely paid 17.5-18.5 for that car in all reality, but you will never get it for what they paid. if you pay over 20k for it, especially when its got big scratches all over the place, your severely overpaying. its been to auction twice because the dealers who had it on their lot before could not sell it. just keep all that in mind

1 - 15 of 15 Posts