Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey guys, I recently did this mod to my car as well but with a little further digging I also got the triangle part to light up with the brakes on. Looks amazing, I'll post pictures of it as soon as I take some.
That's great, do you mind sharing how you wire for the triangle part to light up? Would love to get more details on that, like what relay or resister to add.

Thanks!

·
GenCoupe noob
65 Posts
Eman: I'm thinking the same thing you are. If Jesse voltage regulator works then I will be adding a DIY tail as turn module to the red input wire in diagram along with a resister for quick flash.

And one more thing do not I repeat DO NOT CONNECT TURN SIGNAL WIRE DIRECTLY TO CUT BLUE WIRE! It will fry internal board. Don't ask me how I know This :crying:..
:crying: Oboy...while I feel bad for you, I'm glad you posted this as I would have done just that. I'll wait patiently for your DIY...I really want to do this. Thanks!

·
Drive it like u stole it!
18 Posts
I'm out of town but will add pics of how I did it when I return. This will give you audi mod, triangle turn signal and quad reverse lights.
what I used:
2 volt\amp regulators
2 quick flash resistors
2 white led 1156 to replace signal as a reverse
2 white led for reverse
12 t-taps
Some wire

When all done it may look like a rats nest but can all be secured by double sided tape and fits nicely.
Warning you will have to cut the turn signal wire on the tail light harnes and I cut the internal blue+ and black- for the audi mod.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any update

I am hoping someone can post what kind v reg or what is needed to get the tail light mod to work. By work I mean I would like to know the other half of how to get the triangle to light up when the breaks are tapped. If someone could please help I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Iceman666 you can use a 5v voltage regulator they carry at RadioShack it's pretty easy, just follow the diagram in the previous post

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you. I thought 12 was way to high. There are different types of 5v v regs though. I was hoping for specifics. These tail lights are a little pricey to burn up. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'd love to do this too and even do the brake light cluster but I see too many people posting that they've done it but never following through with details after saying as much.

Anyone want to post anything? Voltage regulators, relays, voltage levels, amperage, wiring, etc?

Everyone's mod looks great, we'd all love to try it too and I don't want to melt my car into the pavement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did the Audi mod with the triangle as turn with a resistor and 7805 voltage regulator, but the triangle is so dim you can hardly see it, especially when the tail lights are on. Any ideas on what I did wrong?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys. Sorry for the late post. I am new to posting on forums but I can get some pictures today of my lights. I smoked them at the same time but I have the 5v voltage regulator that I tapped into the brake signal and hooked it up to the green wire that is cut during the mod. It works but is very dim. I don't know if I could just put 12v to it or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys. Sorry for the late post. I am new to posting on forums but I can get some pictures today of my lights. I smoked them at the same time but I have the 5v voltage regulator that I tapped into the brake signal and hooked it up to the green wire that is cut during the mod. It works but is very dim. I don't know if I could just put 12v to it or not.
I also used a 5V regulator but my lights were hardly visible in the daytime. In stock form the triangle runs at 7.4V, if I remember correctly so I used an 8V regulator instead, now they light up the road behind me.

·
GenCoupe noob
65 Posts
Just finished this! The triangle cluster is now my blinker and the former blinker is wired for reverse light duty (just waiting on LED replacement bulbs to put it to use). Thanks for all of the info, fellas!

·
THREE.HATED
569 Posts
very curious as to if there is an actual diy write up. I already have the audi mod done and would like to get the triangle to pull double duty as turn signal and brake, but if not possible I can deal with just brake.

·
Nobody pays me in gum
568 Posts
very curious as to if there is an actual diy write up. I already have the audi mod done and would like to get the triangle to pull double duty as turn signal and brake, but if not possible I can deal with just brake.
Your tail lights will need to be re-opened and power from a voltage regulator will need to be fed to the cut blue wire inside the tail lights. The voltage regulator takes a 12v signal from the wiring harness and will send the lowered regulated voltage to the blue wire when the brakes are pressed. All that's needed is a 7806 voltage regulator.

Too high of voltage from the regulator will reduce the lifespan of the LEDs or blow them out. I, personally, would be concerned with the 8v regulator mentioned above but it sounds like 5v is just a little too low. just remember that LEDs use very little power and it sounds like the 5v regulators might me a little on the low side.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts