Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know I know I dont understand anything in electrical connections, but please if you dont mind can anyone explain me which wire to which wire do I need to connect if I want audi mod with triangle as stop signal only!
As I understood:
1. I need to cut small hole on tail lights and find blue wire there and to cut it.
2. That cutted blue wire I need to make longer by connecting another wire to blue wire coming from tail light.
3. This long wire I need to connect to voltage regulator to output side. In the Middle of regulator I will connect another wire which I need to ground to chassis.
4. But which wire do I need to connect to input if I want triangle to light up while braking the speed?????
Please please please anyone do explain to me!!!
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
231 Posts

·
n00b
283 Posts
I noticed in the video that the led's flicker when just sitting there. Is that a video thing like tv screens flicker on video, or are the lights actually flickering?

Thanks,

Glenn

I think that might be video quality flickering the lights. It's pretty consistent throughout and goes away when brake lights come on and over expose the shot a bit.

·
Registered
231 Posts

·
IG: jasonlikedthis
802 Posts
I noticed in the video that the led's flicker when just sitting there. Is that a video thing like tv screens flicker on video, or are the lights actually flickering?

Thanks,

Glenn
I've been told that the lights are actually flickering in real time.. just fast enough to where the human eye doesn't notice but a camera can. The running lights flicker to keep the dimmer light but turn on fully when the brakes are applied. If you notice that when the brakes are applied and the lights go full-bright, they stop flickering.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've been told that the lights are actually flickering in real time.. just fast enough to where the human eye doesn't notice but a camera can. The running lights flicker to keep the dimmer light but turn on fully when the brakes are applied. If you notice that when the brakes are applied and the lights go full-bright, they stop flickering.
Exactly this, it is called PWM (pulse width modulation) essentially to get a lower light the driver board flickers the lights it does it all levels but just slower the darker the light. Video cameras tend to capture this sometimes due to the frame rate capture our eyes tend to just fill in the blanks thus it looks like solid light to us but not to a video camera.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I made mine tail lights also, spent near 40$ for an electrician and he made all job. Tails work perfect, triangle lights when pushing brake ?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Has anyone hooked up a 6v or 7v voltage regulator to their tails to do this mod?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Exactly this, it is called PWM (pulse width modulation) essentially to get a lower light the driver board flickers the lights it does it all levels but just slower the darker the light. Video cameras tend to capture this sometimes due to the frame rate capture our eyes tend to just fill in the blanks thus it looks like solid light to us but not to a video camera.
You can get some interesting photos with this effect. I got it to look like it's fading out with a higher shutter speed.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I used 6v im pretty sure but 7v would just be brighter. if you look closely at my triangle it isent as bright as the rest, I think 6.5v or 7v would be ideal ill try and get a pic or video when I take my car out of storage
Gottcha thanks for the feedback, I'd certainly appreciate some pics in a dark setting if you get the change!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
+ or - voltage regulator

Hi - hopefully not a stupid question, but ebay seems to have both 'negative' and 'positive' 78xx voltage regulators.

Do I need to buy a positive or negative version voltage regulator?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Can someone please tell me which wire needs to be fed through the voltage regulator to the blue wire to make the triangle part light up under braking. Please don't link Snoopy's video because he has the green wire hooked up in order to make the triangle light up as a turn signal but then states that the green wire must also be hooked up to make the triangle light up as a brake light.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts