Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Cone Killa
375 Posts
Does anyone here know if an 18x9.5 +15 on 265/35 tires all around will fit ok with stock Track suspension?

I'm afraid the stock Track shocks and springs will be too large and hit the inside of the wheel and require coilovers instead.

I want to run the stock Track suspension with 18x9.5 +15 and 265/35 all around. I don't mind getting camber bolts and/or camber arms to make it work, I just don't want to make the jump to coils.
Yes I have ran that exact setup and can say for sure it works. I was running camber bolts and was able to get about -2 degrees camber in the front before the tire just barely started polishing the strut.
Awesome, thank you. So I should get more clearance when I do eventually go with coilovers and also be able to run more negative camber, right?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Awesome, thank you. So I should get more clearance when I do eventually go with coilovers and also be able to run more negative camber, right?
With coils that have adjustable upper camber plates you can use that to tip the shock body in toward the center of the car. That gains some more room between the strut and the tire but obviously if you run more camber you loose that clearance again. I run KWs that don't have any camber plates and use the stock upper mounts. I was able to get -3.5 degrees of camber in the front just by using camber bolts and ISR adjustable lower control arms and tension rods. No rubbing either with 265 tires, only down side is a very small amount of tire poke past the fender because without the plates the only way to gain some camber is to widen the track width.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update on my build!

Okay guys (since I think I'm the only girl on this whole thread, LOL)
Here is what I've done so far:
-255/35/18 up front on crappy XXR's (but they work!) and the tires are Direzza's
275/35/18 in rear.
-2.5 camber in front/ -1.8 in rear has immensely helped with understeer
-ISR Race Exhaust, feels more torquey
- reversed my cold air into a short ram, have not noticed a difference
-Switching to TOYO ST's all around, will have to report on how they perform (got them for a nice price through work)
-Still running STU class
-Have Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs but have not installed, still hashing out the difference between that and the H&R setup so if you have insight, I would love that!

I've been looking into going with Gecko coilovers once I get some more money. We just had our first race of the season and it was exciting! Unfortunately I only had 4 dry runs out of the 13 we got that day. I had one big wipeout but stayed on course, my fault not my cars.
I've learned that if you have the 3.8L, it is best to drive it smoothly. trying to push out of corners can make for skids, aka risking a second more or two. I had times within 15/44 participants so I'm doing something right.
I'm still learning how to be faster and smooth at the same time, when I have a codriver they seem to drive more aggressively and that sacrifices time.
Anyway just a little update here. If anyone has insight to the Gecko coilovers, H&R springs and Sway bar recommendations, I will gladly hear your advice.
Thanks!

·
'13 3.8 Track
858 Posts
Hey, I like the XXR's. If they were lighter, I would've kept the 527's I had, but I opted for RPF1's. The XXR's looked better, imo, though.

Nice setup...sounds pretty decent. Looking forward to the report on the Toyo's...which one is the ST?

Our first event in Boise is scheduled for March 25th & 26th. A few of us were talking about going down to your neck of the woods since you have more events scheduled this year. It'd be great to see another GC in action. ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
My setup for this year

Factory 19's R-Spec
Potenza RE760 Sports 245's front 275's Rear (still have good tread about a year old, no longer my DD) -2 degrees camber all around
Tein S-tech springs
Whiteline front sway bar
Eurospec Subframe collar kit (new)
TurboXS Short Throw Shifter (new)
Hard IC pipes with Synapse BOV on cold side (new)
SFR 1.5 tune and full 3" turbo back exhaust
Injen SRI

201 - 206 of 206 Posts