Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have a 2013 2.0t with the 8 speed automatic. It has 230,000 miles and the trans has gone from shifting bad to locking up in 5th when it warms up so I'm going to change the transmission. Has anyone in here removed their automatic? And if so are there any special tricks I should look for? It appears to be a pretty straight forward job, just don't know if there are any surprises in store for me. I have changed many transmissions in the past but they have all been GM automatics without all the electronic crap this one has. Thanks in advance for the input.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very easy transmission to take out. Small cover at the front of the bellhousing comes off to access the bolts holding the the torque converter to the flex plate. CKP sensor is mounted on top of the transmission. Shift cable, 1 or 2 bolts holding on a wiring harness, bellhousing bolts, driveshaft bolts, and rear mount/crossmember and the trans should come out. It might fight you a little bit depending how stuck on the dowel pins it is.

It only took about an hour, maybe hour and a half to take down and that was taking my time with it. Granted, I was using a lift, power tools, and a pretty big trans jack.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very easy transmission to take out. Small cover at the front of the bellhousing comes off to access the bolts holding the the torque converter to the flex plate. CKP sensor is mounted on top of the transmission. Shift cable, 1 or 2 bolts holding on a wiring harness, bellhousing bolts, driveshaft bolts, and rear mount/crossmember and the trans should come out. It might fight you a little bit depending how stuck on the dowel pins it is.

It only took about an hour, maybe hour and a half to take down and that was taking my time with it. Granted, I was using a lift, power tools, and a pretty big trans jack.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FoshizMe, that's awesome, thank you very much. I thought it was a pretty straight forward job, but wanted to hear from someone that had done it. I'm amazed how cheap I can find them online. Thanks again for the information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts