Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Genesis Coupe 2.0T auto base model 2014

My aux/usb port aren't responsive. I plug in my aux cable to my iPhone 5 and the music cuts in and out or is quiet.

The USB port doesn't properly read my iPhone, it continually connects then disconnects. You can see the charge symbol appear/disappear

I'm taking my car into Hyundai this weekend to have them take a look at it, but does anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
203 Posts
using the ipod cable you use to charge your phone from say a laptop or electric socket extension won't work to charge your iphone. it's really stupid but you need actually need to buy a specific wire for it to charge your phone :/

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got a 2.0T base 2 weeks ago and use my iPhone 5s with it. You HAVE to use the cord that has both USB and AUX in (you should have got one when you bought the car) and buy a 30 pin to lightning adapter from Apple (dont use 3rd party) and plug that in, then into your iphone 5. It should work then. I notice if I just plug in my USB it doesnt work..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Only problem I have is that I own a Note 3 and it doesn't read my music off the phone when i plug it in the USB. It would be nice to use the controls on the steering wheel so I dont have to look down to change only to almost rear end someone

·
Registered
1 Posts
iPOD port question- Elantra 2010

I got a 2.0T base 2 weeks ago and use my iPhone 5s with it. You HAVE to use the cord that has both USB and AUX in (you should have got one when you bought the car) and buy a 30 pin to lightning adapter from Apple (dont use 3rd party) and plug that in, then into your iphone 5. It should work then. I notice if I just plug in my USB it doesnt work..

I have an Elantra 2010 and an iPhone 5S. If I buy the AUX/USB cable (Hyundai sells them for $60!), can I see the song titles on the radio dash and/or control the iPhone (play/pause/skip etc.)? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am wondering what is the largest capacity external drive you can plug into the usb port I was thinking to buy a 1 terabyte external portable drive but will the stereo system beable to read a drive that large

1 - 13 of 13 Posts