Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure what’s up. cannot get average mpg over 14 and throttle response is really delayed unless i floor the car. gets the correct sound and everything but only see downsides and no improvements whatsoever besides sound. not sure what’s up looking for help. only things done differently from usual were that we had to use vacuum tubing from autozone to connect the bov and we lose one of the washers from the 3 screws. will add a picture later

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the bov was already pre owned and i’ve been running it for about 6 days now. clamps and tubing are on tight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you have a boost gauge? what PSI/bar are you getting?
yeah i have the stock bk2 gauges. i’m able to hit the full 15 on the gauge but in 1st in the low rpms such as when you’re going from stop sign to stop sign or hopping onto a road the car is super sluggish and takes a few seconds to pick up to like the speed limit as well as lingering around the 5-10 mpg area on the mpg gauge for longer than it did before. not as much of an issue when you’re like on the freeway already going a good pace. car is bone stock besides the bov i had my muffler off when i put the bov but ended up putting it back on to see if my fuel economy got better but it didn’t.

thanks for the quick response i’m gonna go drive a bit more and really try to give it an extra analysis

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That hose is kinked where it bends. Too tight of turn.
i noticed that but assumed it couldn’t make a major difference. gonna mess with it and get it at a angle where it’s straight flowing. what do you think it being bent could do to affect everything besides reducing flow? just out of curiosity and so i have more knowledge on it

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,622 Posts
Just rotate the outer ring.

A kinked hose would restrict the flow of air as the vacuum is applied slowing down the response time. Not really air flow. But reduce the force the vacuum can apply to the vacuum side of the diaphragm in the BOV.

And one of those allen head bolts has two washers under it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just rotate the outer ring.

A kinked hose would restrict the flow of air as the vacuum is applied slowing down the response time. Not really air flow. But reduce the force the vacuum can apply to the vacuum side of the diaphragm in the BOV.

And one of those allen head bolts has two washers under it.
appreciate it, just redid tubing and clamps again gonna give the ecu a reset then give it another try.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts