Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
13' GRAN PREMIO GRY TRACK
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone Swapped out the 2 piece axle shafts on the track for 1 piece ones?

My 13 track, has a 2 piece shaft with an aluminum guibido about 3/4's of the way inboard close to the differential.

Long story short, my boots broke due to an incident and I'm finally getting around to replacing them.

The 2 piece shafts are Dealer only and about $1800 each. so I bought axles from an Rspec and they are 1 piece.

Thoughts? I will be swapping them out when the car gets torn apart for the turbo build.

·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New shafts have arrived, I guess Im going into uncharted territory.

Not sure if the inside of the CV joint is different but Driveshaft shop DOES NOT offer the 2 piece shaft upgrade theirs is only for the single piece.

When I get the car torn down, we will see how it goes if it even works.

·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Can you post pics? Did you buy axles from a 2013 r-spec?

Why didn't you just buy new boots ...
After a year of being lazy and debris in the joints I wouldnt trust it to put new boots.

Might as well do it correctly and replace the whole assembly.

This is what the shaft looks like on a 2013 track, unbolted from the inner output shaft from the diff.

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
As long as the differential end pops out like a traditional snap ring spline drive then it should be fine. Put a pry bar on it and pop the diff side out. I don't see why it would be married to the diff

·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As long as the differential end pops out like a traditional snap ring spline drive then it should be fine. Put a pry bar on it and pop the diff side out. I don't see why it would be married to the diff
Thats my thinking, but I have not been able to find info on the net about RR the inner shafts, and I dont have an HMAService account.

All the Dealers in my area are less then helpful and would rather me bring the car in for the replacement of the outer shafts.

·
Go Hyundai!
1,008 Posts
Are you referring to the axles with the stubs and Guibos vs the standard ones? I think the spline count is different. There's a post somewhere on here about it. I think the 2013+ MT has the stubs/Guibos, while all year ATs and the 10-12 MTs have the regular style.

·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It appears only the M/T Tracks have the 2 piece, the M/T Rspec in the 3.8L flavor does not have them unless someone with a BK2 Rspec can confirm.

Im so confused by all of the different P/N's I have been able to find.

·
Go Hyundai!
1,008 Posts

·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I remember that thread, Doesn't look like the question is answered.

Guess worst that will happen is that the axles wont work, and I can return them.

·
...4, 3, 2, 1
1,489 Posts
Please tell me that you made a typo and the shafts are $180 and not actually $1800...

·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you can get them to my door for 180 plus shipping each I have a check for $250 with your name on it.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
So the driveshaft on the rspecs are a one piece shaft? Why did they put a 2 piece on the track?

·
...4, 3, 2, 1
1,489 Posts
How the hell are they so much??

·
Go Hyundai!
1,008 Posts
If you can get them to my door for 180 plus shipping each I have a check for $250 with your name on it.
That is super easy if you are serious. I can get a dozen for under $200 each. There's at least 20-30 in junkyards across the country.

·
Go Hyundai!
1,008 Posts
This guy has a set of the ones with the Guibo - Welcome to Manuel's Used Auto Parts #2
And this guy has a set of the ones without - Manuel's Used Auto Parts
(funny that they are the same name lol)

Both are not far from you, and unless they are crazy, they should be under $200 each. I can find them for close to $100 each if you want to drive further or have them shipped.

·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jesse I'm in Dallas-Fort worth area. Yes I'm serious about the bounty I have not been able to locate grade A or grade B stock. Only shafts with torn boots.

·
...4, 3, 2, 1
1,489 Posts
OP..
Did you tear the boots on your axles, or the drive (prop) shaft?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts