Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
13' GRAN PREMIO GRY TRACK
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Outer Axle joints. I have a thread in the suspension thread detailing how it happened.

·
13' GRAN PREMIO GRY TRACK
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
This guy has a set of the ones with the Guibo - Welcome to Manuel's Used Auto Parts #2
And this guy has a set of the ones without - Manuel's Used Auto Parts
(funny that they are the same name lol)

Both are not far from you, and unless they are crazy, they should be under $200 each. I can find them for close to $100 each if you want to drive further or have them shipped.
They only have for the 2.0T,

I did catch a break on the Driver side. A buddy of mine at a body shop just got a Coupe that was hit and insurance is replacing the axle so I will be able to use the CV joint since the propeller shaft was broken

·
Registered
97 Posts
I’m hoping this thread isn’t completely dead. I have a BK2 2.0t M/T and I also ha w the bolt style 2-piece axle shafts. I’m having popping noises from what I believe the be my CV joints and I can’t find replacement CV joints anywhere. Everywhere I look I can find the one piece shafts for the A/T. What did you end up doing and where did you find the part? Can you just pull the entire two piece shaft out and replace it with the A/T single piece shaft?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I havent had to do this so please continue your research but im pretty sure ive read other posts here stating their interchangeable. There was a change in design from earlier models to later where one was bolt on and another was slip on but there was a easy way to use either. Hopefully someone with actually experience doing this will chime in.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I found a post in another thread where someone said the bk1 axles will swap into a bk2 and that it’s been done numerous times. I ordered a bk1 axle and it will be here on Wednesday so I’ll know for sure then.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts