Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to put the candian nav in a usa car in order to get the back up camera? if so were do you install the back up camera and were can i possible buy the headunit . Sorry if this question is already on here tried to look and couldent find the answer directly. New to the community!! By the way have a 2016 3.8 at ultimate

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Is it possible to put the candian nav in a usa car in order to get the back up camera? if so were do you install the back up camera and were can i possible buy the headunit . Sorry if this question is already on here tried to look and couldent find the answer directly. New to the community!! By the way have a 2016 3.8 at ultimate
I used this camera with a small 3.5" monitor tucked into the sunglass holder, but if you want to use the stock head unit you cot one ground wire that disables the monitor from activateing while in reverse and wire the camera into two other video input wires. Theres a thread on it I'll attempt to find it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, yea if you can find the original thread would appreciate it highly. Still trying to get used to this car and all the electronics , came from a 93 miata so know very little about anything with this car yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why is nobody finding the wire diagram for the entire avn system/rear camera? Why go the lazy way and put it in the licence plate not factory designed? I have purchased the oem canadian camera as well as the factory replacement pigtail. I have fully taken apart my 2014 premium. The mounting for the camera is in the trunk. Hold just needs to be cut out. The canadian oem camera has 7 wires going into a 8 pin connector. Which then gets plugged into the floor harness. Floor harness transfers to main harness. I have traced 4 out of the 7 wires coming out from m70-a (back of avn unit) to mf 11 (drivers side kick panel). In connector mf11 there are 7 wires that dont cross over into the floor harness. If we can get a full pin out of mf11 i can finish the puzzle. Or the avn system wiring diagram with the camera listed. The closest vehicle i found the oem camera to match based on pictures is a 2014 kia mohave. kia mohave part number 957602J000. Gen coupe oem camera part number 957602M000. its the only one with 7 wires pinned out the same. Only difference is the used a female connector vs the male. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Why is nobody finding the wire diagram for the entire avn system/rear camera? Why go the lazy way and put it in the licence plate not factory designed? I have purchased the oem canadian camera as well as the factory replacement pigtail. I have fully taken apart my 2014 premium. The mounting for the camera is in the trunk. Hold just needs to be cut out. The canadian oem camera has 7 wires going into a 8 pin connector. Which then gets plugged into the floor harness. Floor harness transfers to main harness. I have traced 4 out of the 7 wires coming out from m70-a (back of avn unit) to mf 11 (drivers side kick panel). In connector mf11 there are 7 wires that dont cross over into the floor harness. If we can get a full pin out of mf11 i can finish the puzzle. Or the avn system wiring diagram with the camera listed. The closest vehicle i found the oem camera to match based on pictures is a 2014 kia mohave. kia mohave part number 957602J000. Gen coupe oem camera part number 957602M000. its the only one with 7 wires pinned out the same. Only difference is the used a female connector vs the male. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
I think this is great that you've traced (almost) everything back to the OEM factory connections as a factory "plug n play" option with all OEM wireing would be optimal, at least in my opinion. I asked this question here previously and someone stated that Hyundai wanted in the neighborhood of $600 U.S. just for the Canadian spec camera. I dont know if this has changed but that and having to drill/cut a hole in the center rear of my trunk lid isn't something i would want to do, or where i would want my camera mounted, but cost and mounting location aside kudos to you for tracing it to the drivers kick panel. Im curious as to why Hyundai's camera requires seven wires?

·
Registered
3 Posts
A place in ontario will sell them new for about 700 bucks. I got my camera online for less than a hundred. Wire count seems specific to the genesis line. All the other hyundai models use between 3 and 6 wires. The variance seems to be how the camera is going to the head unit. Some models have it going to a park module or camera module then going into the head unit to the display. One has to the display back to the head unit. I am also trying to trace where pin 14 on m70-A goes to. So far traced to right side kick panel to em21. There is a wire to transfer it to the floor harness. If i disconnect that connector and put car in reverse the display goes black. Next step is removing rt quarter trim panel and looking at amp connections.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts