Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
That explains why the stock set up has seven wires and not just two, it interfaces with the back up sensors that allow the lines on the display to turn. Frustrating that Hyundai won't sell the correct ready made harness, that would just be too easy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That explains why the stock set up has seven wires and not just two, it interfaces with the back up sensors that allow the lines on the display to turn. Frustrating that Hyundai won't sell the correct ready made harness, that would just be too easy.
It's interfacing with the steering angle sensor to turn the lines. Some of the genesis coupes with back up cameras didn't come with reverse sensors. It is bullshit that they didn't release the camera in the usa. Nor the wiring diagrams. As far as a ready made harness. I could make it. But then you'd have to splice into 2 wires for the can network

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Ultimate 6M
9 Posts
His car is wired up the same as my 2014. Camera wires running from behind the navigation system to the drivers kick panel. Missing after that. The best solution is the factory which I have done. All 2013+ genesis coupe have the mounting bracket in the truck installed. View attachment 77320
I don't have that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
@BRIANM3882 i want to go your route and actually hook up the stock camera the way it was intended originally. Please post everything you know. Also where do I find the stock camera. It’s not sold anywhere online. I found a Chinese knockoff on eBay but I don’t trust it. Do I really have to call salvage yards in Canada to get this?

·
Registered
29 Posts
@BRIANM3882 i want to go your route and actually hook up the stock camera the way it was intended originally. Please post everything you know. Also where do I find the stock camera. It’s not sold anywhere online. I found a Chinese knockoff on eBay but I don’t trust it. Do I really have to call salvage yards in Canada to get this?
Yes you have to call junkyards and find one that has it and will ship it. Here is a link to a youtube I just made explaining everything. You can also scroll back thru this thread for more information I posted.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to make that video. When the weather cools down I may use this to move my current camera with stand alone monitor to the factory navigation screen using this method. Would you be willing to post a picture of the pin outs from the left kick panel?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes you have to call junkyards and find one that has it and will ship it. Here is a link to a youtube I just made explaining everything. You can also scroll back thru this thread for more information I posted.
Thanks for posting that. I guess all that’s left to solve for is the steering wheel

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to make that video. When the weather cools down I may use this to move my current camera with stand alone monitor to the factory navigation screen using this method. Would you be willing to post a picture of the pin outs from the left kick panel?
How's this?

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have it written down somewhere but the floor harness is not orderable from any hyundai dealership in the usa. Rewatch my video for the part number of the camera connector

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah I was going to try ordering it from the Canadian dealership that sent my camera
Does ur car have reverse sensors? Also the Canadian market harness is missing all the wires for the tire pressure system we get. So it's not a plug in play without taking all the wires for the tpms system and installing it into the new harness

21 - 40 of 42 Posts