Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for a little bit me and my friends went and were having some fun swinging it and clutch kicking and on the way home the clutch started to act up and the car wouldn’t respond very much to the gas peddle. the next morning the car wouldn’t start then i waited a little then it did start but really weak. i looked it up a little and google says the clutch safety switch is the reason for it to not be working. the check engine light turned on haven’t checked the code yet is there anything else it could be?

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,966 Posts
If it cranks when the pedal is out the switch is bad. If it doesn't crank when the pedal is in the switch is bad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So for a little bit me and my friends went and were having some fun swinging it and clutch kicking and on the way home the clutch started to act up and the car wouldn’t respond very much to the gas peddle. the next morning the car wouldn’t start then i waited a little then it did start but really weak. i looked it up a little and google says the clutch safety switch is the reason for it to not be working. the check engine light turned on haven’t checked the code yet is there anything else it could be?
I had an issue with my safety starter switch The car would say push clutch pedal to start and it was to the floor I had actually ripped the wires out somehow and in the end I got away with just shoving them back in good and haven’t had a problem since it’s been about 6 months now still going strong.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,966 Posts
I had the pin on the bottom of the switch break off. So it never made the bottom switch. But it would start without the clutch pedal pushed in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hmmm, I didn't know google was a mechanic.

Sounds to me like you jumped the timing chain.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hmmm, I didn't know google was a mechanic.

Sounds to me like you jumped the timing chain.
P.S. Code P0340 (and P0011 I think) will come up if it's your timing chain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts