Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my car had a bad o2 sensor precat and purchased a replaced. After installing and driving the car for a bit my check engine light came back on for the o2 sensor. These codes are not the ones from before. The previous o2 sensor had damage on the wiring. Codes are

P0135 o2 sensor heater
P0030 o2 sensor heater circuit

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure how it's labeled on the BK2. But yes there are fuses for the O2 sensor heater(s) there.
Checked it last night fuse was good but it was a 7.5 A in there and the box said it needs a 10A so switched it to 10 will see if the light comes back

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,383 Posts
I think my OE O2 is starting to go bad. Started to monitor it with a graph trhough Touqe. But it is not very smooth and goes lean a lot. But it really doesn't seem to make any difference running wise other than better gas mileage. It will go to 15.4:1 sometimes when it cycles in closed loop. 107k miles.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,383 Posts
I ordered a new OE. It's not cycling but once a second or so and sometimes holds in the lean codition. I can smell the lean condition in the exhaust. 34 mpg though....

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yeah that may be the cause :) lol
I believe there was a good pin out description in workshop manual, i do recall studying it for 2nd o2 emulation

So it should be easy to find

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bad Firmware

I have a 2013 GT, and was getting a bad O2 sensor reading. After doing some research, I found that it wasn't a bad sensor, but a firmware error. A firmware update fixed the problem.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,383 Posts
I've changed the O2 in the past on other cars and got little difference from them. The first had the entire end burnt off and it made no difference. Last year in my other car I had one that finally quit responding after it would be warmed up. Car does to default tables and runs a bit richer but still not too noticeable drive wise.

This change I can see it is switching faster and is not hitting the peak rich high voltage (+.8v) every cycle like it did before. Mileage is down a bit though which is what I figured as the old one ran the car lean in closed loop.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts