·
Gunstar Hero
817 Posts
Those are pretty sharp.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys i found they have 2 models with the same shape BC5 & BM5, one is costing 360 (ea) and the other is 1,083 (ea).
Any clue????

·
Gunstar Hero
817 Posts
Looks like the BM5s are custom made to order, that is all I could find. They aren't even multipiece forged for that price... It doesn't seem worth it at all. You may want to email the company and see if there is anything else about them that justify a $4000 price tag.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think the BM series are basically fully customizable and built to order i.e. any finish, any offset. BM is forged monoblock as well, the BCs are cast.

·
Gunstar Hero
817 Posts
It says they are rotary forged and flow formed. Not true forge, no?

·
Gunstar Hero
817 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok here we go, this is exactly the reply i received from the manufacturer.

The difference between the BC (Bavaria Cast) lines and the BM (Bavaria Monoblock) lines are basically in how they are made. The BC line is cast overseas using a low pressure cast method. This is superior to the standard gravity casting method done on the majority of cast wheel product in the marketplace. Although it is more expensive and time consuming to make wheels in this way, you end up with a higher quality product, with the aluminum being more uniform. the BM line is a forged monoblock. The forging process uses extremely high temperature and pressure so create a much stronger and lighter wheel. The BM line starts with forged aluminum blanks which are produced here in the US and then custom machined here in our facility to fit your car perfectly. These are custom made to order for your vehicle, and can be finished in almost any color combination you want. Being lighter, stronger, and custom made, the pricing reflects the labor involved to create these.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts