Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
https://ibb.co/eTAkav

I recently purchased a 2010 Track 3.8 & the car pulls to the right @ highway speeds.

1) Came with 20's and had no issues pulling
2) Installed 18' Vordoven with Dcenti Tires and lowered .25 - This led to hard right pull +60mph; plus wheel vibration.
3) Had wheels re-balanced multiple times; swapped tires left to right. Taking to a shop with RoadForce Balancer for possible solution

I went to a reputable alignment shop (after visiting 2 others) and they said to buy these:
Adjustable Tension Rods

The couldn't guarantee it wouldn't stop pulling but it would help.

Those of you that have installed these with a coil-over setup, see improvement? At this point it seems like a gamble?
What specs should I tell the shop to align to?

It's been a headache :frown:

This is extremely frustrating, as I purchased the car a month ago, and really enjoy it except for the horrible pull and vibration at high speeds.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,445 Posts
If the caster is off that means one tire is farther forward that the other This will cause a pull. Your left tire is farther forward than the right .

This was my issue and the adjustable tension arms can fix it.

Front Toe-in 1.6- 1mm (0.14 0.08 in.)
Front Camber angle -0.5 +- 0.5
Front Caster angle 7.45 +-.05

Rear Toe-in 1-1mm (0.08 -0.08 in.)
Rear Camber angle -1.5 +- 0.5

King-pin angle 13.7

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the caster is off that means one tire is farther forward that the other This will cause a pull. Your left tire is farther forward than the right .

This was my issue and the adjustable tension arms can fix it.

Front Toe-in 1.6- 1mm (0.14 0.08 in.)
Front Camber angle -0.5 +- 0.5
Front Caster angle 7.45 +-.05

Rear Toe-in 1-1mm (0.08 -0.08 in.)
Rear Camber angle -1.5 +- 0.5

King-pin angle 13.7
Cool! Thanks for posting those specs. I have an appt to get the GodSpeed tension arms installed on Friday along with alignment. Hoping for the best!

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,445 Posts
With the arms I had you can get quite a bit more caster but you end up pulling the tie rod ends to far forward and then you make an angle between the steering rack and the tie rod end.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With the arms I had you can get quite a bit more caster but you end up pulling the tie rod ends to far forward and then you make an angle between the steering rack and the tie rod end.
Not sure what this means, are you talking about the install process? I am not mechanical, so I'll be having a shop install. If so, I'll let them know.

I'll update the thread after install; I'm sure this is searched for a lot, I know I did a LOT of research, and could only find so much info. (ie. the ISR ones are on back order 406 weeks, just go GodSpeed if you can't wait).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts