4,589 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have it, it is great!

·
Mature Speeder
717 Posts
I would personally stay stock or get a K&N filter until they come out with a tue CAI that incorpoates the sound pipe.

I've been modding for many many years and when your stock system is aleady descent, ours is, there's no point in going SRI unless of course your primary reason is esthetics.

An SRI does look good under the hood.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would personally stay stock or get a K&N filter until they come out with a tue CAI that incorpoates the sound pipe.

I've been modding for many many years and when your stock system is aleady descent, ours is, there's no point in going SRI unless of course your primary reason is esthetics.

An SRI does look good under the hood.
I agree the stock air box with a K&N filter is the cheapest way to go and very efficient. Just adding the K&N filter I have seen my mileage increase 2mpg on daily driving and it seems to breath better at pedal down.

·
Mature Speeder
717 Posts
I'll add to that and say that with the filter and my CPE I'm getting between 27-28mpg on the highway. Before I was getting about 26mpg. This is running between 70-80 mph.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Injen SRI is really nice. I actually prefer not having the sound resonator as the car sounds much more aggressive now when you get on it but quiet when not.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just bought Injen SRI yesterday and getting installed tomorrow. So ill review mine tomorrow ^^

·
Genesis Coupe Sales
1,730 Posts
I am waiting on R2C.................................................and waiting.....................................................................and.....................................................waiting. ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Got the Injen SRI installed the other day. Love it. Waited too long for R2C

·
Canadian
392 Posts
I'm interested in why the intake is taking so long for R2C. I think if its just a basic tube then it would have been mocked up in a day. Either they're producing a ton for launch or it's a design utilizing the sound generator or their square plastic tubing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Guessing mass production?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I agree the stock air box with a K&N filter is the cheapest way to go and very efficient. Just adding the K&N filter I have seen my mileage increase 2mpg on daily driving and it seems to breath better at pedal down.
I've had K&N filters on a couple vehicles, but recently have heard some dissing of their filter material being too porous and letting too much dirt through. Do you guys notice any issues with dirt on the engine side of the filter? I'd like to at least do this if I don't do a SRI or CAI. I had an older Civic that I put an Injen intake tube and filter on. I felt it did help with a touch more pep and mileage. I have a Banks FIPK on my '02 Duramax and a K&N OEM replacement filter on my '08 Civic. The truck breathes much better, but the 4" Monster Exhaust and free-flow muffler probably helps with that, too. The '08 Civic doesn't seem to have any more umph, but I feel that it did help the mileage enough that it pays for itself.

Lyle

·
Registered
67 Posts
R2c

I am waiting on R2C.................................................and waiting.....................................................................and.....................................................waiting. ;)
What is the R2C...thanks...chris

·
Registered
192 Posts
i have the r2c on my 2010, its a short ram intake that utilizes the stock air scoop, wasnt too expensive as far as intakes go, and it is a nice little shiny edition to my engine bay

·
Registered
207 Posts
Did the engine tone sound any different after adding the K&N Drop In?

In my old 2.0T it made the engine sound better.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the Injen Intake, and it seems like I have a more linear powerband after the install. It does suck a lot of air though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.