Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'd like to keep it suspension/handling focused although any three mods that you believe the car benefits from on overall drivability will do. I'm still trying to 100% decide on which one I'm going with, but I believe I'm going with a 2014+ 3.8 ultimate. So I want to have some parts already ordered so that I can start to mod it as soon as I get it home. A couple things that I will already be purchasing are:
-megan transmission mount
-rigid collars (not sure on brand yet)
-shifter bushings (not sure on brand yet)
-hawk or ebc pads

Any input or opinions are appreciated.

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track White Pearl
3,107 Posts
Well brake pads are not suspension nor are shifter bushings (technically neither is the transmission mount but I'll give that a pass), so bang for buck my three would be:

-megan transmission mount + engine leash
-rigid collars (brand doesn't matter, they are machined pieces of metal)
-better tires (if already upgraded: a bigger front sway bar)

Or were you looking for three in addition to the ones you already mentioned?

·
Parts Pro & Lic Mechanic
1,297 Posts
1) - Upgraded rims (lighter/wider) and tires with proper offsets..........
2) - Full Chassis braces, Factory Strut brace and sub-frame collars
3) - R-spec suspension (best compromise between daily comfort and corner carving)

Just my 2 cents
Duro

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well brake pads are not suspension nor are shifter bushings (technically neither is the transmission mount but I'll give that a pass), so bang for buck my three would be:

-megan transmission mount + engine leash
-rigid collars (brand doesn't matter, they are machined pieces of metal)
-better tires (if already upgraded: a bigger front sway bar)

Or were you looking for three in addition to the ones you already mentioned?
Yes in addition to what I mentioned. I guess how I wrote the original post is a little misleading. I'm looking for the best three in addition to what I mentioned but overall I'm looking to improve the daily drivability which is why I mentioned the brake pads and shifter bushings.

If you want to talk about suspension mod,
why isnt coilover on the list? lol
I guess If you think that is in the top three must haves for this car. I've never done coilovers. My current vehicle has Eibach pro struts and spings. I was thinking Bilstein/Eibach pro or sportline combo. I just wasnt sure if the vehicle would benefit much more intially from bracing, sways etc.

Sways, adjustable end links, Enthuspec diff bushings, coilovers.
I thought I read the solid differential bushings were a bad idea?

1) - Upgraded rims (lighter/wider) and tires with proper offsets..........
2) - Full Chassis braces, Factory Strut brace and sub-frame collars
3) - R-spec suspension (best compromise between daily comfort and corner carving)

Just my 2 cents
Duro
Rspec suspension it the same as the track/ultimate correct? What wheel size, tire offset etc. do you recommend?

·
Parts Pro & Lic Mechanic
1,297 Posts
Rspec suspension it the same as the track/ultimate correct? What wheel size, tire offset etc. do you recommend?
19" rims are nice and give better steering feel and harsher ride.
18" will be lighter combo and give you better mechanical grip, but less steering feel.

Up to you, this is personal preference.

8.5" front - 15-20 offset, 245 width
9.5" rear - 15-20 offset, 275 width

Side wall aspect ratio will change depending on 18" or 19" rims.

Yes R-spec, Track suspensions are the same (small tweaks between BK1 and BK2).................not sure about ultimate though.

Duro

Reactions: Hurdler5280
1 - 12 of 12 Posts