Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
177 Posts
What’s the best tire size to get for 19x9.5 +22
And 19x11+22 best size for performance???
There is no cut and dry best tire size for a rim. It all depends on what the purpose of it will be.

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis coupe 3.8L R-Spec, Tuned by Alphaspeed, Suspnsion goodies
53 Posts
For performance you will want to ditch the 19's all together. Most 18's will clear brembos and there is less rotational force to the driveline (this is what i race on). I've found that the ideal size/s are:
18x9 F
18x10 R
+15-22 offset wheel
255/265 front tires and 275/285 rear tires.

This usually gives the best corner balance. This is obviously if you are using the car for both daily and track.
Optimal would be lightweight staggered in similar sizes with 200 tw or less tires.

For daily only, I recommend smaller width (or whatever you want because it is not a performance vehicle at that point and just for show)
For track only, I recommend as wide as possible but 18 inch in diameter.
For other automotive sports, I recommend researching what works best for your setup.
For snow, as small a width as possible is best. Its very hard to cut butter with a spoon but much easier with a knife.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking at Konig Ampliforms for a Stance-ish look on BC coils. Not too worried about it being as flush as possible:
Front: 19x9.5 +25 Offset
Rear: 19x10.5 +23 Offset

Would 245s in the front suffice with 275s in the rear for daily driving?

·
Registered
2 Posts
For performance you will want to ditch the 19's all together. Most 18's will clear brembos and there is less rotational force to the driveline (this is what i race on). I've found that the ideal size/s are:
18x9 F
18x10 R
+15-22 offset wheel
255/265 front tires and 275/285 rear tires.

This usually gives the best corner balance. This is obviously if you are using the car for both daily and track.
Optimal would be lightweight staggered in similar sizes with 200 tw or less tires.

For daily only, I recommend smaller width (or whatever you want because it is not a performance vehicle at that point and just for show)
For track only, I recommend as wide as possible but 18 inch in diameter.
For other automotive sports, I recommend researching what works best for your setup.
For snow, as small a width as possible is best. Its very hard to cut butter with a spoon but much easier with a knife.
Sorry, still new to the forum but my reply above was directed to you lol

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
177 Posts
I'm looking at Konig Ampliforms for a Stance-ish look on BC coils. Not too worried about it being as flush as possible:
Front: 19x9.5 +25 Offset
Rear: 19x10.5 +23 Offset

Would 245s in the front suffice with 275s in the rear for daily driving?

This is a guy in a group I am a part of.

Front:
19x9.5 +22 / 245/40/19
Rear:
19x10.5 +22 / 275/40/19

He said he is changing to 245/35 and 265/35 this year though.

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis coupe 3.8L R-Spec, Tuned by Alphaspeed, Suspnsion goodies
53 Posts
Sorry, still new to the forum but my reply above was directed to you lol
Oh! Yes, I would do a 245/35 for those specs in the front. Will have a little stretch but not drastic. Better that way for handling. You want a little, just not a lot as overlap can cause weird things to happen in cornering.

Have fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts