Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all I have a 2015 3.8 base
Still have stock tires 245/45/18 need to replace what are the best all around tire
These one brake free all the time

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
With the 3.8 ,If traction is your issue,then all 245/45/19's will break free.No matter what brand .Wider rims with decent tire foot print will solve your problem .The puny tire on the 2nd generation GC was a invested design flaw to sell the drift ability of the GC brand.Traction control and small tire size ensure no breakage of OEM parts while in use .Sooooo , either step up and spend for the better suspension Items and rim/tire combination or do like the many .Stay OEM and try working around the KOREAN DESIGN FLAW flower .

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hey y’all I have a 2015 3.8 base
Still have stock tires 245/45/18 need to replace what are the best all around tire
These one brake free all the time
Any mods or are you stock? If stock, what are you doing to cause them to break free all the time? Never had an issue when was all stock or even with intake & exhaust spinning under normal driving conditions.

For all stock, try Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (based on warm weather states and/or summer tires).

·
Registered
782 Posts
Best is very subjective. Keep in mind if you are a base they break free cause you are peg legged rwd (open diff).

I have the same problem with my 2.0t base, though I went with Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's and they were worlds better than the stock rubber, in every category. Biggest improvement other than grip was a great reduction in nvh. Though I live in San Diego, so wet weather/all season tire isnt much a concern.

·
IG: jasonlikedthis
758 Posts
If you're willing to spend a bit more, then always Pilot Super Sports. Those are only summer tires though, so if you're looking for an all-season I'd say Continental ExtremeContact DWS for a good bang for your buck.

·
Banned
1,099 Posts
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500.

Pilot Sport 4S technically perform better, yet cost roughly 2x as much and still get beat by Bridgestone Potenza RE71R and Hoosier R7, so either save your money or get the RE71R.

The best all season tire is probably still the DWS06.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Continental Pure Contacts.

Put them on my 2010 2.0T and got very good mileage out of them. They're quiet and EcoPlus is supposed to offer better efficiency.

Just put the newer version of the same tire on my 2016, very happy so far.

·
Premium Member
14,842 Posts
Stock 18" tires = all season tires

almost ANYTHING summer rated tires will be better than all season tires.

All season tires are a compromise of everything

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you're willing to spend a bit more, then always Pilot Super Sports. Those are only summer tires though, so if you're looking for an all-season I'd say Continental ExtremeContact DWS for a good bang for your buck.
I totally agree with this!
I have the Pilot Super Sport 4S's and I love them! Higher tread rating than the factory potenzas too!

If I had to buy all-seasons, I'd go with the DWS's as well.

·
2010 GC 3.8 Track 6MT
112 Posts
Put a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 on the GenCoupe about 14k miles ago. The rear tires are nearly down to the wear bars. I measured 2 to 3/32 in the center of these tires. I run 35-37 psi in them.

Very disappointing mileage for these expensive tires. Any suggestions for a longer lasting tire?

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Put a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 on the GenCoupe about 14k miles ago. The rear tires are nearly down to the wear bars. I measured 2 to 3/32 in the center of these tires. I run 35-37 psi in them.

Very disappointing mileage for these expensive tires. Any suggestions for a longer lasting tire?
Many of us only get 10k-12k miles out of our rears. I'm a bit surprised though as that's a 560 treadwear tire but it's wearing like a 360.
Perhaps get an alignment, stay at stock 35psi and control your right foot next time :grin:

·
2010 GC 3.8 Track 6MT
112 Posts
Many of us only get 10k-12k miles out of our rears. I'm a bit surprised though as that's a 560 treadwear tire but it's wearing like a 360.
Perhaps get an alignment, stay at stock 35psi and control your right foot next time :grin:
I'd heard they were bad on tires, but I didn't think it would be this bad. 10-12k is really bad. It's had an alignment and wear looks pretty even across the tread.

Looking for a better (longer lasting) option for this next set. Should get some credit with this wear from Discount Tire... I hope.

·
2010 GC 3.8 Track 6MT
112 Posts
The local Discount Tire is suggesting the General GMax AS05 tires for the GenCoupe. Anyone have any experience with them?

Edit: a bit of searching here seems to indicate the Generals are a solid tire for the GenCoupe.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have over 20k miles on the General GMAX AS03. They are wearing ok and seem to stick in the dry and wet pretty good. But they are louder than my snow tires. I have no experience with the AS05.

ominousone

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have had a very good experience with Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires. They do not perform as well as Extreme Summer tires in warm weather on dry pavement, but I except trade-off this because I run the all-season tires in the "shoulder season" (November and March in Minnesota) before I install my studless snow tires for the winter months.

In my experience with Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires; they are very quiet and ride comfortably, and last a long time.

·
2010 GC 3.8 Track 6MT
112 Posts
I have had a very good experience with Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires. They do not perform as well as Extreme Summer tires in warm weather on dry pavement, but I except trade-off this because I run the all-season tires in the "shoulder season" (November and March in Minnesota) before I install my studless snow tires for the winter months.

In my experience with Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires; they are very quiet and ride comfortably, and last a long time.
I don't know how you define lasting a long time. In my experience, 14k miles to the wear bars is NOT a long time.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Wow. That's so much better than what I've seen. Which model GenCoupe do you have?
My Conti's are not on a Genesis Coupe, but rather I am running them on a 350z. The sizes are 245/40-18 Front, and 275/40-18 Rear.

The 350z has a reputation for wearing tires. I quit mounting summer performance tires because they are expensive and wore so quickly on my car. The Continental DWS has provided a more comfortable ride, is quiet, and has worn well. The downside of the DWS tires is sidewall rigidity, which is much better on summer performance tires.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts