Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I’m new the the forum, I just recently upgraded from a 2003 tiburon to a 2013 Genesis track manual (exciting lol)! I have a slight grind if I shift into 6th kind of hard and it does t really want to go into 1st if I’m rolling, I was trying to do some research and I’ve seen people say that switching to redline my-85 or redline lightweight shockproof helps, which do y’all think is better and why? I want to try to figure out which fluid I need so I can change it out and it seems like everyone’s got their own personal preference so I didn’t know if one was actually better

·
Registered
410 Posts
I had the same 6th gear grind, and I resolved it with GM Synchromesh fluid and a couple ounces of Ceratec additive. I changed it every 20K miles (it’s not synthetic) and it withstood everything I threw at it, including multiple track days and triple-digit episodes. Plus, it was my daily and saw about 17K miles per years on avg.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, I’m new the the forum, I just recently upgraded from a 2003 tiburon to a 2013 Genesis track manual (exciting lol)! I have a slight grind if I shift into 6th kind of hard and it does t really want to go into 1st if I’m rolling, I was trying to do some research and I’ve seen people say that switching to redline my-85 or redline lightweight shockproof helps, which do y’all think is better and why? I want to try to figure out which fluid I need so I can change it out and it seems like everyone’s got their own personal preference so I didn’t know if one was actually better
Gotcha i thought about that fluid because I had a buddy that used it on his Honda that’s fixed his 3rd grind but I never seen anyone recommend it for our cars so I didn’t know if we could use it or not, i don’t plan on tracking the car but I do drive it pretty spiritedly

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think most people with BK2 manuals will switch to Redline. Just about anyone who has switched to it has said that it improved their transmission in some way. I've ordered some that's hopefully on the way soon. Red Line MT-85 75W85 GL-4 GEAR OIL
Yeah I definitely wanna use redline, my issue is figuring out if I need to use Mt-85 or lightweight shockproof lol

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,560 Posts
That lightweight shockproof is terrible stuff if you ever want to use another fluid. I've used the Lightweight shockproof, MT-85, MTL and the AC Delco 10-4014. Next I will try the Pennzoil Synchromesh (from the makers of the AC Delco fluid) and Ceratec. MTL is a bit thick for the BK1 trans.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered some Mt-85 yesterday, hopefully gonna get good results from it, thanks everyone! I’m excited to be apart of this community I loved the tiburon community lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, slightly off-topic, but for anyone reading this thread who was going to order MT-85 from 3P8P, I was informed by Dustin from 3P8P that Redline isn't giving out real ETAs for any orders and Redline seems to be out of stock for at least MT-85. I guess the coronavirus has hit Redline hard. I don't want to redirect business away from 3P8P but it's impossible to get it through them right now. Amazon has MT-85 for sale and some of your local speed shops might still have it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts