Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm looking in to getting a tune for my 2013 gen coupe 2.0t. Just wanting to get some recommendations. I know the market isnt very vast in terms of tunes for these cars. I've been searching around a bit. I've heard good things about btr. That's a solid option, but ideally I'm looking for something like a reflash module, so I can plug it in and mess with the options a little bit. Just in case I want to go on a long trip or something and don't really want to run 93 the whole time. My cousin has a lap3 uncle boost ecu reflash module for his Kia optima. I was just wondering if there was anything similar to that for the 2013 2.0t gen coupes or not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Also looking for a tune for my genesis, leaning more towards BTR personally because of their rep. Was considering SFR but i've heard a fair mixture of good and bad so I'll probably pass on them.
Plus BTR is pretty close to where I live, so win-win.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah honestly I'm probably just gonna go with btr. Personally I would like a reflash module so I can mess with the settings as I so please, but I've been searching for weeks now and it doesn't seem like they make reflash modules for the 2013+, at least I can't find any

·
Need more power !
760 Posts
I've had my SFR 1.5 tune for 40k miles and love it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For the price, SFR is better. I have sfr 1.5 canned reflash for about 40k miles. No problems at all! But thinking of selling my car... :(

·
Registered
239 Posts
I just noticed this thread. I have a Lap3 Uncle Chip in my '13 RSpec. It came out of my '14 Sonata SE 2.0T and was run for about 25k miles. I run the 91 octane setting since 93 is hard to find by me. My dad and I got the same one from the Optima store.

I noticed some difference with the 91 octane that is supposed to give about 20-25 hp gain. My dad took his '14 RSpec to a local dyno. Ran 200 hp totally stock, yes Hyundai is optimistic in their numbers. He simply plugged in the Lap3 UC, a 5 minute job. He got a 240 hp on 93 octane setting. An indisputable 40 hp gain, as advertised. You can adjust the settings on the Lap3 UC. At any rate, not bad for the money.

ominousone

·
Registered
83 Posts
You sound like an infomercial. Lap3 is not a respected tuning option in the GC community for a reason. I would save your money on that garbage.

Your options are BTR or SFR. Millions of posts comparing the two. I have SFR 1.5 canned tune, decent price, and its like im driving a new car now. You could always go to PA and have them custom tune it if thats an option.

·
Registered
239 Posts
What reason. I'd say 40 hp on the same dyno, same day, within 30 minutes isn't too bad. The BTR and SFR may be better, or yield more power. I'm not here to sell the Lap3, or argue what is better, just giving actual results. So, take it for what it's worth and do your research.

ominousone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts