Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I want upgrade the turbo of my genesis coupe, I'm indecisive with this two turbo:
Tomei M7960
GT3076R
which of two is the better for stock engine ?

·
Registered
198 Posts
You should look up Apr Turbo they sell Garrett Turbos that are specifically designed for the Genesis coupe. They start from 350 Hp and up, last time I looked they had the 400 Hp turbo for the same price as the 350 Hp turbo. Best thing about it is you can still keep your stock manifold so you dont have to spend extra money on that and it's one less part to buy. The site is Atpturbo.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GT30 all day.
Perfect, thank you.

You should look up Apr Turbo they sell Garrett Turbos that are specifically designed for the Genesis coupe. They start from 350 Hp and up, last time I looked they had the 400 Hp turbo for the same price as the 350 Hp turbo. Best thing about it is you can still keep your stock manifold so you dont have to spend extra money on that and it's one less part to buy. The site is Atpturbo.com
Great, thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
What did you guys use for tuning? Looking to upgrade my turbo but im stuck with tuning.. seems the only options are to get a custom tune from BTR/SFR or get a haltech and seeing as im in Canada its not likely ill see anyone from BTR or SFR up here soon.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
I just got a Tomei M7960 installed a few days ago. I'm at 360whp.
i'm using the same size turbo TD06SL2-20G but on a twin scroll setup... very little lag...it rocks

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Of course, at that power level the stock injectors won't cut it, maybe with a fuel return line and a boost referenced regulator, depends on how much boost you are pushing

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts