Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously considering selling my gencoupe. Just turned over 90,000 miles and figure to get the most out of it, I'd better sell it before it gets to that magic 100,000 mile marker.
CAI, cat back, ECU tune by BTR when they came to Austin; after those items: 256.6 RWHP. Looking for suggestions on best selling venue. Auto trader? I've heard Craig's List attracts lots of low-ballers.
I'm thinking of buying a used Wrangler Unlimited while I wait for the 2020 replacement for the Gen Coupe - should be a helluva car!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Dont hold your breath. How many times have they said they would be releasing a "new" coupe. Pictures of concept cars and hyped stories just doesn't cut it. Still waiting for that 3.3 twin turbo 475hp(?) coupe they were supposed to release in 2018…

·
Registered
28 Posts
for sure. Plus, its not gonna be a trim sporty car either. and 99% chance of it not being a manual. All of which make it a bummer, even if the concept looks amazing

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, I didn't mean to attract H-bashers with my post. bsbullie, NO car company turns their concept cars into production units. Too many people expect concept cars or at least most of their features, to be in production in a year or two. New car planning takes several years. I don't think Hyundai hired the two BMW M-car guys to have them sit around and give advice - they were hired to design cars that would take market share. Their first car was the Kia Stinger. There second is supposed to be the 2020 replacement for our Gen Coupe.
Panzercardinal, our Gencoupe is not a trim sporty car - for a sporty car it is big - wide. A trim sporty car is the Mazda Miata. Auto versus manual transmissions is another topic. I wanted manual when I bought my car, but a short test drive of a manual told me that it was too wobbly/imprecise gates. Thanks for the Auto Trader endorsement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts