1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Learning
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Welcome to my second post.

Car: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T A/T
Tune: 93 Octane, primary cat back exhaust, CAI, no immobilizer

Like many, I really wanted more power from my engine and much better response. There are a few big names in the GC world for tuning and it is a tough decision, but I went with BR for their customer service record and their product reviews.

I WAS going to get a PA reflash module from them, but I really like the idea to have an ECU for tuning and one that is completely stock. Whatever the reason, having a stock ECU just to be on the safe side really got to me. I also had plenty of questions for Steve at BeyondRedline, who answered each and every one of them thoroughly and quickly. Once more, BR's customer service rating does not disappoint.

Now to the ECU itself: Installation is simple, three bolts under the hood and four on the module itself. The only hiccup I ran into was that my wrench didn't quite reach down to the middle bolt, but that is an easy fix. Installation took about 10 minutes and I let my car idle for a bit before taking it out on the road. The only problem I had after installation was a CEL that appeared ( code P0630- VIN number mismatch or not entered). I emailed BR and they offered to fix it but I must say, I love the tune too much to ship it out right after getting it.

My first drive in the car was phenomenal. The response is SO much better. It really does make a world of difference when compared to stock. I had no limp mode and no issues at all while on the road. I haven't 100% put the petal down yet, just because I haven't had any real opportunities to, but from what I have felt at about 80% pedal down- The power is immense. It really does push you back in your seat. I went to 65 in 3rd and the gears pull much smoother; I usually can't stand my 3rd gear. I should also mention that cruise control works perfectly, and also that I only drive in "sport" (shiftronic) mode.

Overall, it is well worth the $650. I would recommend to any GC owners looking to turn up the power.

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Love these guys let me know if you need any parts have a ton of BR parts for sale right not for cheap!!!!

·
Learning
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
God I wish I had the money for that intercooler. I need a transcooler too haha, but I'm not coming up with the money for those add-on's quite yet.

On a side note, I loved your build thread. I want to be on that level someday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts