Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If equipped with Beyond Redline's (or equivalent) Stage 2 or Stage 3 kits, how would the vehicle run if flashed back to stock? Assuming there would be a problem, what parts are the problem? if I swapped back the stock injectors then flashed back to "stock" would it run better? Im asking because Id like to have the vehicle feel like stock when taking it into the dealer and would probably swap out the injectors and intercooler if needed. How would the car run with Beyond Redline's modified turbo and a stock reflash?

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
if you go back to stock tune you would have to swap the injectors back. removing the FMIC is a bit of a pain if you don't have a lift or a good space to do it in. Wouldn't reccomend running a new turbo on stock tune. You probably won't make it to the dealer and back...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you go back to stock tune you would have to swap the injectors back. removing the FMIC is a bit of a pain if you don't have a lift or a good space to do it in. Wouldn't reccomend running a new turbo on stock tune. You probably won't make it to the dealer and back...
So with the Stage 2 just swap injectors to run okay. Stage 3 pretty much is a no-go with the modified turbo?

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
I drove to and from Dallas with the 550s, no fuel scalar in CMD, and BR upgraded turbo installed. Car is still running. You just have to be sure to stay out of WOT as the factory ECU can adjust closed loop fuel adjustments for different size injectors.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would think, not positive, that if you stay out of boost it wouldnt matter what turbo you were running. Injectors on the other hand would be totally different. Unless the upgraded turbo made boost alot lower in the rpm range i wouldnt think it would matter. Now when you did hit boost that too would be totally off with the stock tune.

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
Yea if he drives it he can be careful and stay out of boost. Who knows what will happen if he has to leave at the dealer or one of the service people drive it.

As for boltons with factory tune, of you still have your first cat I wouldn't be worried but still, take it easy and don't got WOT till you have the tune and everythin reinstalled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts