Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have a 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8L, and it has gone from our fun sports car to more of our back-up vehicle at this point in it's life. We still drive it at least 3-4 times a week, so it gets plenty of use.

We are having an issue. When it is cold out (Less than say, 32 degrees) condensation builds up in the car. When I say condensation, I mean it's pretty soaked inside. The inside of the windshield, the carpets, and even the leather seats are wet. This mostly occurs in the morning, but sometimes the afternoon.

Today I went out to check on it. It's about mid-40s today so its a little warmer than usual. There wasn't any bad condensation this time. I did find that there was a little condensation on the inside of the windshield at the very bottom, going up about an inch. I also found that behind the front passenger seat, under the floor mat, there were frozen water droplets covering the floor.

I couldn't see any issues underneath the car, and I couldn't find any spots on the ceiling that would indicate a leak.

I'm pretty car-savvy and can fix most things under the hood, on the body, inside the car, electrical, etc. but I am having trouble figuring out where to start with this one. The source could be so many different things and I'm not sure how to narrow it down, or even perform some sort of test to try and locate an issue.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
After the next rain, pull up your trunk floor, and see if there is water around your spare tire. The seal at the top of the tail lights can let water trickle in.
Mine did that, and my windows would fog up with condensation.

Worth a check, at least!

·
Premium Member
16,246 Posts
Also, clear out the AC drain and check the cabin filter.

AC drain - Under the car in the transmission tunnel, you will see a rubber hose that doesn't seem to connect to anything. Use a unsharpened stick to probe into there, beware to not be directly under the hose when you do this, and don't poke too hard.

Cabin filter is behind the dash glove box. Undo the clips to allow the glove box to drop down enough to see the small plastic strip/panel behind it. Unclip that strip and pull out the panel. Pull out the cabin filter that's behind the panel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have the 2010 genesis coupe 3.8 and i am having all the water issues. Slooshing sound of water in the front and side of my car, blowing out my tail lights from the water getting in there from somewhere, condensation, and i already fixed the sunroof to stop leaking into the back seat floors. the dealerships and mechanics refuse to give diagnostics because they say insurance wont cover it and that i could just try to fix the seals...problem is if thats not the problem im going to have to keep making these fixes until it goes away. Any help??? Are the light under warranty since everyone seems to be having issues with this? i think its crazy to have to be paying for all this labor and parts for faulty things on a vehicle that everyone seems to be experiencing.

·
Premium Member
16,246 Posts
see if water is getting INTO the taillight.
Also make sure your coolant system is full

·
Registered
7 Posts
see if water is getting INTO the taillight.
Also make sure your coolant system is full
hi!yes the water is going into thw back of the light. from where u can open thetrunk and its all in the opening to the light from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts